Larry Bowden kicked off IBM’s biggest launch of a new version of Web Experience in 10 years. Mobile, Social, Analytics and Content are all hitting at the same time, and the IBM Web Experience Suites are positioned to take advantage of this convergence.
Here are some stats that Larry presented:
- Social Networking reaches 82% of world internet pop
- Sales of physical goods through online social networks will grow by 93% in 2015 to $15B
- 1 in 5 internet minutes is used for social networking
IBM is really excited about the new features and capabilities in their products. When IBM looked at past usage of their Web Experience, they found $12M productivity increase in managers, 1-3 hours saved be week by sellers and a 70% productivity increase.
A four prong strategy is used to define the Exceptional Web Experience for the future:
- Anticipate the need
- Deliver Exceptional services
- Engage the individual and community
- Simplify the experience
Choosing a Global Software Development Partner to Accelerate Your Digital Strategy
To be successful and outpace the competition, you need a software development partner that excels in exactly the type of digital projects you are now faced with accelerating, and in the most cost effective and optimized way possible.
In the new IBM Web Experience Platform V8, IBM is delivering features in the areas of Social, Mobile, Managed Content, Integration, Analytics and Total Cost of Ownership. You can see some of the details in my previous post on WebSphere Portal 8 Has Finally Arrived.
IBM demoed the following features of Web Experience v8:
- Managing Pages using projects and syndication of content and portal pages
- Out of the box integration with MS SharePoint using the CMIS capabilities of both systems.
- Posting to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Connections.
- Integration of Connections profiles and activity streams
- Community integration into portal
- Responsive presentation on mobile devices using the mobile theme
- IBM Forms Experience Builder to allow users to create exceptional web forms, including surveys, polls and other types of forms
- Use of data entered via forms to personalize the experience
Larry presented a roadmap for Web Experience that included the following features:
- Social Networking publishing
- Community Monitoring and administration
- Responsive design
- IBM Worklight integration
- Simplified processes for targeting
- Integration of Unica for targeted email
- Using IBM’s PureSystems for Cloud
- Integration improvements with WebSphere Commerce, Connections, FileNet
- Digital Asset Management