In the last thirty years, the logistics space has undergone massive changes. This is largely due to the industry shifting and embracing technology advancements with companies vying to remain competitive in the marketplace. The emergence of robotics and advanced analytics has enabled the supply chain sector to become more efficient and accurate. Solutions such as automation are becoming an industry standard to better keep up with the ever-increasing supply and demand model.
All of this to improve performance and customer satisfaction. With this being the driving force, gone are the days of segregated processes and operations. A new era of the supply chain approach has arrived and it will continue to propel the industry forward.
Oracle Supply Chain Management Leads the Charge
Explore key considerations, integrating the cloud with legacy applications and challenges of current cloud implementations.
Supply chain 4.0 is the next step of process evolution that will fully integrate suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and customers, both digitally and globally. This confluence of business trends initiated by Industry 4.0 will require increasingly robust and sophisticated toolsets that not only provide the traditional capabilities of ERP but also incorporate innovative technologies like machine learning, internet of things (IoT), blockchain, social collaboration, data visualization, and embedded analytics.
By 2023, almost 50% of large global companies will be using AI, advanced analytics, and IoT in supply chain operations (Gartner).
This guide illustrates the challenges of transitioning to supply chain 4.0, the different stages that companies will need to go through to harness these new process and technology tools, and how Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud can support this process.
Here’s a macro view of what to expect in this guide-to-blog series:
- [Guide] Overview: Taking the Next Step Towards Supply Chain 4.0
- Oracle Supply Chain Management Leads the Charge
- Transitioning to Supply Chain 4.0 with Cloud
- Identifying Signature Supply Chain Processes and Technology
- Begin with Identifying Signature Supply Chain Processes
- Choosing the Right Supply Chain Technology
- How to Embrace Change in Supply Chain with Minimal Impact
- Change with Minimal Impact
- Supply Chain Cloud Capabilities
- Change Management Implications
- Supply Chain Metrics: Choosing the Best Technology Vendor for Partnership
- Choosing a Technology Vendor
- Supply Chain Metrics
- Data Visualization, Analytics, and Reporting
- How to Incorporate SCM 4.0 if You’re Not Cloud Ready
- Tackling Supply Chain 4.0
- Map a Successful Path to Supply Chain 4.0
To learn more, you can download our entire guide here or below. Otherwise, stay tuned for blog #2 in the coming week!