Why Automation & AI ?
Automation and Artificial intelligence are transforming businesses by improving enterprise productivity and innovation. Each new version of ServiceNow ITSM includes new and enhanced automation and AI capabilities.
What is ITSM ?
IT Service Management (ITSM) refers to all the activities involved in designing, developing, deploying, supporting and managing the life-cycle of IT services. As per new report from Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) , IT Executives are relying more and more on automation, AI, and analytics to redefine IT service management.
What are ITSM Automation benefits ?
- Improves Employee Productivity: – Automation frees up employees from repeatable tasks and help them to focus on high value work.
- Time saving: – Automation will speed up processes that result in huge time savings compare to manual processes.
- Avoid Human Error: Automated processes are consistent & avoid human errors like incorrect data entry, routing to wrong department etc.
- Consistent Processes: Automated processes executes each time the same ways, no shortcuts thus making sure process is followed each time.
- Reduces Cost: – Reduces overall cost of service management.
- Better Visibility into the Process: Reports, dashboards, SLAs provide leaders better insights into various IT processes and help measure performance against set goals.
How do you start the Automation Journey?
What if your website could quickly and easily provide your members and patients with personalized answers and other information they want and need? Would you reduce inbound call inquiries? Solidify your position as a go-to source for information? Enlighten consumers with the knowledge to help them be healthier?
Automation depends on the maturity level at which ServiceNow ITSM capabilities used by the organization. The most basic form of automation used in the context of IT service management is that of ticketing workflow. This involves automating the following tasks using REST APIs or Email integration.
- Automating opening tickets (incidents, tasks, requests) based on triggers/events happening in different applications
- Updating ticket SLA based on priority
- Setting ticket attributes based on category
What are use cases for ITSM Automation?
Depending on ITSM capabilities used by organization following are some examples of automation using ServiceNow.
- Leverage SMS and email for event notifications and escalations
- Automate and accelerate incident reporting, escalation, and resolution
- Automate change management & scheduling approval based on risk levels
- Automate manual tasks (and eliminate errors that inevitably result)
- Automate configuration management (CMDB) tasks
- Use virtual agents (AI conversational chatbot) to automate resolution to repetitive IT service tasks and requests.
- Use Predictive Intelligence (uses machine learning algorithms) to automatically categorize , route and prioritize the issues to the right resolution team
- Empower technicians & field agents with AI-assisted answers for faster resolution
How do you optimize IT workflows ?
Following ServiceNow features help improve employee productivity and provide executives insight into IT services health & improvements.
- Continual Improvement Management (CIM) enables cross-team collaboration and ensures all improvements are efficiently reviewed and prioritized.
- Agent workspace enables service desk agents to provide a better customer experience.
- Incident Management and Problem Management accelerates service restoration, identifies root cause, and collaborates to drive continual improvement.
- Change Management increases user satisfaction and decreases unwarranted ticket requests.
- Configuration Management Database makes better decisions with full understanding of risk and impact.
- Asset Management tracks the financial, contractual, and inventory details of hardware and devices, as well as non‑IT assets, throughout their life-cycle.
- Request Management and Knowledge Management streamlines service delivery, reduces costs, and automates workflows.
- Service Agent feature allow agents to connect to work anywhere, anytime.
- Service Level Management help align business priorities by spotting trends and patterns early.
- Benchmarks compares your service’s performance to industry peer averages.
- On-Call Scheduling application provides the ability to set up on-call schedules, rotations, and escalation policies to ensure support coverage is provided based the on business needs.