I recently implemented an Informatica Lifecycle Management (ILM) project at a national auto financing company and I would like to share some details about what I learned about ILM and the benefits my client received. ILM is a mature and robust data archiving tool used by many organizations to manage and archive large sets of data. ILM helps in the retirement and archiving of enterprise critical data in development, test, and production environments.
Every new application that organizations deploy not only increases the growth of enterprise data, but also leaves behind one or more legacy applications and related data. Without a comprehensive strategy, the costs associated with managing the data for large application portfolios and required infrastructure will burden IT budgets.
ILM puts organizations in complete control of their enterprise application data by defining performance and retention policies across your portfolio of mission-critical and legacy applications.
With Informatica Lifecycle Management organizations can:
- Reduce support costs to manage inactive data stored in application environments
- Achieve higher application performance with existing hardware
- Enforce data compliance by managing the entire lifecycle of data, from end to end
- Modernize and consolidate data centers by retiring legacy applications
- Implement archiving best practices across ERP, CRM, data warehouses, cloud and custom applications
ILM is a single data growth management product from Informatica, which enables organizations to archive structured data from enterprise applications, data warehouses, and big data environments into a tiered infrastructure. And it does so safely, securely, and easily—all while maintaining appropriate levels of business access.