This week, Perficient’s Customer Engagement Solutions team launched an internal Hackathon focused on creating COVID-19 response solutions. After seeing the immense pressure the COVID-19 pandemic has placed on healthcare systems, essential retail infrastructure, and on many organizations’ customer service operations, our team wanted to work on something that would meaningfully contribute to the crisis.
Five teams comprised of three developers each will work on their solutions Monday through Wednesday this week. Each team will take one of the following ideas and build a proof of concept. Each Hackathon team will demonstrate to the larger Customer Engagement Solutions team this Friday:
- An interactive phone menu that allows callers to check their symptoms against CDC guidelines and obtain local hospital information
- A solution that offers callers waiting in queue the option to participate in an SMS conversation to more quickly handle their concerns
- Rapid remote assessment of potential COVID-19 cases, including a symptom checker, risk scoring, and immediate routing of high-risk cases to a remote medical professional, with the option of adding a telehealth voice or video call
- A quick set up voice notification service for community-based organizations
- Offloading systems that reduce the number of calls in queue by offering options like callbacks to ensure as many callers as possible can be helped
To keep the teams a bit competitive, motivated, and involved, we’ve set up an internal Hackathon collaborative hub where participants can share their progress with other teams and fellow colleagues.
Depending on interest, Perficient may adapt these solutions to create packaged offerings available for broader use.
Keep an eye out for updates later this week as our Hackathon teams complete and share their solutions.
Customer engagement goes beyond customer service. Our team takes pride in our personal approach to the customer journey. We typically help enterprise clients transform and modernize their contact center with platforms like Amazon Connect, a self-service, cloud-based contact center service, and Twilio Flex, a programmable cloud contact center platform.
We have over 10 years of experience in delivering customer care solutions, including building, supporting, and deploying contact center solutions, and we consider it our personal responsibility to apply our expertise to helping our global community through the pandemic in any way we can.
At Perficient, we continually look for ways to champion and challenge our talented workforce with interesting projects for high-profile clients, encourage personal and professional growth through training and mentoring, and celebrate our people-oriented culture and the innovative ways they serve Perficient and the community.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Perficient at our Careers page.