A compelling digital strategy aligns customer experiences, business execution, and the right technology as the market and your competition constantly evolve. Our Digital Essentials highlight the most compelling aspects of all three to help you react and respond to this ongoing evolution.
According to the new JDA 2015 Consumer Survey of more than 1,000 U.S. consumers, shoppers want what they want, when they want it, and they don’t want to pay. The bar is getting higher for retailers during the peak holiday shopping season. Those who can meet the demands of their online-savvy shoppers will be the winners this holiday season.
Over the years, we have seen consumer demands get more and more intense, but it appears that we have now reached the point where you either win or you lose big. These are some of the key findings:
- 50 percent of consumers indicate that they will be unforgiving of retailers who provided less than satisfactory online home delivery experiences
- 1 in 3 consumers disclosed that convenience is a major factor when placing an online order
- Retailers who can’t meet expectations risk losing 33 percent of shoppers to a competitor
- Nearly 40% of shoppers have encountered employee issues when ordering online and picking up in-store
- 48% of shoppers would be unlikely to order from a retailer during peak season if they had delivery issues in the past
- 62% of shoppers state their biggest frustration is having to pay shipping when they return an item
- Over 50% of shoppers consider ease of returning items to be “very important”
Further data shows the importance of a streamlined omni-channel experience. Even if you see your business as separate channels (online, in-store, mobile, social), your shoppers don’t. They expect all channels to be connected in one seamless experience.
The holiday season is upon us. Can you deliver?