- Create a group of users who will manage and respond to the tickets
- Create a “Help Desk” page or site that all users will have access to
Create two lists
The first list will be on the “Help Desk” page and will serve as a place for users to submit their issues. Add columns to this list that will allow users to add information that pertains to their issue and help your team resolve the problems.
Create the second list (Issues) and set its permissions so that only the help desk team will have access to it.
*If you want your help desk team to have additional columns to aid them in tracking and creation of issues, feel free to add them here, but make sure all of the columns from the “Help Desk” list are included.
Open site in SharePoint Designer and create a two-tiered workflow associated with list “Help Desk” from above.
- Copy the current list item to the “Issues” list.
- Next, delete the current item. (Doing this will act as a “submission” of the users issue/ticket, and will keep users submissions from being visible to one another.)
Then set up an email to the owner of the item, so they receive confirmation that their issue has been submitted.
- Publish the workflow to your site.
Application Modernization Industry Quick Guides
Application modernization enables you to optimize business processes and transform the way you do business today, and in the future. Our industry experts have collected the latest application modernization trends impacting the automotive, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing verticals.
This is a very basic workflow and concepts; however, you can add other elements to make it more advanced. For instance, you can add elements to alert your “Help Desk” group when items are created, or add workflows/elements to track and notify users of the status of their issues.