Let’s not kid ourselves. Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) implementations are not easy. The complexity surrounding EPM processes and requirements grows by the day (probably an understatement). We can probably all agree that this is the natural evolution of things for one reason or another. Luckily, Oracle’s suite of EPM solutions provide technical features to solve for these complexities. And they are striving to meet the new challenges by adding to the cloud features each and every month. But with all this complexity and change occurring, implementing technical solutions can be nerve racking… there are always a multitude of questions that organizations must answer when facing an upcoming EPM implementation. While there absolutely is merit in these questions, they all add up to one single overarching question… How can we ensure a successful EPM implementation?
Oracle understands this. Perficient understands this. And both are continuously striving to address success on multiple fronts. Whether it be our project methodology, our deep pool of technical expertise, or simply the personal “drive-for-success” of each of our team members – Perficient cares greatly about ensuring successful implementations. But enough of the sales pitch; let’s talk about what Oracle brings to the table and the one thing that every Oracle EPM cloud customer needs in their upcoming implementation…
Many times Oracle gets called into discussions only when there’s a problem. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Oracle provides the opportunity for direct and regular contact with Oracle’s experts throughout the life of a implementation via an initiative named the Implementation Success Program (ISP). The goal of the program is to improve the chance for success by preventing issues before they occur. The program provides some key aspects that definitely provide value by reducing risk, such as design review and performance review.
Application Modernization Industry Quick Guides
Application modernization enables you to optimize business processes and transform the way you do business today, and in the future. Our industry experts have collected the latest application modernization trends impacting the automotive, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing verticals.
Once enrolled in the program proceeds as follows:
- A kick off meeting involving the customer, implementation partner, and the required Oracle representatives. The meeting allows for the Oracle team to understand customer requirements surrounding the business processes being implemented, milestones, and customer background.
- Customer provides requirements and design documentation to the Oracle team for review & feedback.
- Oracle reviews the submitted documents and creates a review document that is made available to the customer (typically within two weeks).
- Oracle discusses design review feedback with the customer and addresses questions.
- Based on customer request, Oracle sets up regular weekly or fortnightly meetings to track progress and to address questions. Customer and implementation partner team members, required Oracle representatives , Oracle Support Lead, and the ISP Lead participate in these meetings as needed.
- When the application is ready for user acceptance testing, the customer follows the process in Requesting Performance Validation and submits all required information to request performance validation.
- After the customer goes live with the business process, Oracle completes these steps:
- For a period of one week, monitors user activity in the environment by reviewing Activity Reports. Oracle discusses anomalies, if any, with the customer in an online meeting and provides solutions.
- Seeks feedback on the program.
- Closes ISP engagement.
- Additionally, if help with regression testing is required, the customer can enroll in the Regression Testing Program. See Requesting Automated Regression Testing.
The ISP offering is available for the following applications:
- Planning Modules
- Financial Consolidation and Close
- Profitability and Cost Management
- Account Reconciliation
Perficient recommends the ISP for those organizations implementing Oracle EPM cloud. It’s a great initiative that allows for customers to garner more information and perspective before challenges become issues.