IBM Watson Content Hub (WCH) is a cloud-based content management system (CMS) which allows you to manage and publish full website experiences or deliver headless content to your web and mobile experiences. The initial product was launched in December, 2016 and in less than a year has positioned itself as a leading cloud based CMS. Here are 5 reasons you should consider using WCH.
- Cognitive tagging of images using Watson. WCH will automatically tag images uploaded using Watson APIs. This significantly reduces manually tagging and makes searching images much quicker and easier, especially for very large libraries of digital assets. The image below shows an example of the tags WCH automatically applied to the image of a sports car on a racetrack.
- Cloud based solution. WCH is completely cloud based. Content can be securely authored, digital assets can be managed and content can be delivered all from the cloud. WCH uses Akamai Content Distribution Network (CDN) to deliver content globally with redundancy and a 99.9% uptime SLA.
- Deliver full websites. In September 2017, IBM released a new Standard Edition offering which allows you to create and manage full web experiences complete with your own host name. An example of Perficient’s implementation of the Oslo reference application is here.
- Rich APIs. Technology agnostic APIs are available to deliver content to any solution which can call REST APIs and consume JSON. This includes script based web applications using your favorite language or framework such as Angular or React, consumption by mobile applications, integration with commerce solutions such as IBM Watson Commerce or delivery to thick clients or applications written in Java or .NET. The key is the APIs are flexible and are continuously being extended.
- It is inexpensive. WCH is pay as you go software as a service. You can get started with a FREE trial and if you choose to buy, plans start at as little as $250 per month. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Want to learn more? Contact Perficient and we can tell you more as well as provide information about our quick-start offering that can get you up and running with a usable site in production in a couple of weeks.
Stay tuned for “5 More Reasons You Should Be Using Watson Content Hub.“