Cricket Communications, the operating subsidiary of AT&T, is a rapidly expanding, nationwide low-cost provider of mobile wireless services. As the sixth largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States, Cricket provides wireless services to more than 5.4 million customers in all 50 states.
Cricket’s rapid growth into new markets left it with aging systems that were unreliable, provided little process visibility, and increased customer churn. These systems led to slow time-to-market response and difficulty integrating with resellers, a key component of expanding their network reach.
Choosing a Global Software Development Partner to Accelerate Your Digital Strategy
To be successful and outpace the competition, you need a software development partner that excels in exactly the type of digital projects you are now faced with accelerating, and in the most cost effective and optimized way possible.
Perficient built a modern API architecture and extended Cricket’s current SOA infrastructure to ease the integration of new systems and partners. Cricket’s new API program exposed a layer of services that external partners could access using secure channels. Using APIs, Perficient’s team built monitoring for service level agreement (SLA) integration, including time to live, response time, permissions, and access control.
- Billing system replacement analysis and integration
- New point of sale system analysis and integration
- Platform for new supply chain management
- Local number portability application replacement and integration
- Master data management of location and product information
- Integration with a third-party vendors for electronic payments processing
- Enterprise-wide system refactoring to support a major new product launch
- Assessment and recommendations for more strategic test data management
- New data management processes and reverse engineering of the existing ETL/data warehouse infrastructure
Business Value Delivered
Perficient’s API and extended SOA platform enabled Cricket to implement several major systems very quickly and:
- Established standardized methodologies, governance, templates, and frameworks that brought structure and reuse to what was a very entrepreneurial environment
- Improved visibility into enterprise-wide system events and exceptions
- Increased purchased software ROI through reusable services
- Enabled more agile on-boarding of new vendors and extended product launch capabilities
- Established error-management and audit-logging SOA utility services
- Paved the way for complete SOA and API adoption within Cricket
- Reduced total software cost of ownership
Are you thinking about leveraging API management in your organization? Get started by watching our webinar on Creating a Successful API Program to Drive Digital Transformation.