Good UX Means Good Business
In a world where technology is rapidly advancing and user expectations are rising, it’s no longer enough to have an average user experience; to delight your users and surpass your competition you must strive for the exceptional.
It’s that time a year again, the time where we focus on all that we are thankful for in our lives. That may be our family and friends, or more simple things like a good night’s sleep. This year, I’m especially thankful for the following 5 design resources, in no particular order because I’m equally thankful for all:
- Webdesigner News curates all the latest and most important design news for you. I subscribe to their daily emails, so that I can stay on top of what is going on in the industry, anything from news to case studies, inspiration, you name it and its there.
- Webdesigner Depot is the place to find articles on the latest tools, deals and new tools. They also do a monthly article called What’s New For Designers, which I find really helpful to see what new resources and cool tools are out there.
- Screenings.io showcases the best design videos and allows you to filter through by either category or by length. It’s great for inspiration and learning about a certain topic.
- UI Patterns has a library of UI patterns backed by explanations and user votes as to if they liked that item or not. It has come in handy when I find myself getting stuck trying to solve a problem.
- UI Movement is a great way to get daily or weekly design inspiration to your email. It includes the actual interaction of interfaces, which helps spark big ideas.
I would love to hear what resources others find helpful and maybe we can introduce each other to something new.