At IBM Smarter Commerce in Tampa, Florida, IBM VP Robert LeBlanc announced ExperienceOne, a a portfolio of cloud-based and on premise solutions to help users make moments matter by combining marketing, sales and services capabilities.
Essentially this offering combines:
- WebSphere Commerce
- IBM Enterprise Marketing Management
- IBM Customer Experience Suite (part of the IBM Digital Experience offering)
IBM also announced an academic initiative to bring commerce skills to the classroom so students can acquire the skills they need for the digital commerce workforce.
As part of today’s news, IBM added new and enhanced software capabilities that support three of the new engagement solution sets:
- Understand Your Customers: At the heart of this solution set is IBM’s newly integrated Digital, Behavioral, Social Media and Predictive Customer analytics offering to help clients identify real-time trends based on internal and external customer data. It features new mobile analytics that can replay individual user sessions on both Android and iOS device apps, enabling marketers and commerce professionals to pinpoint the exact moment when a customer decided to browse, buy or abandon a transaction. (Edit: This is based on IBM Tealeaf technology)
- Maximize Sales, Profit and Loyalty: This solution set helps clients quickly act on insights and maximize customer value using IBM’s enhanced omni-channel merchandising capabilities. It enables merchandising professionals to automate price optimization, maintain real-time transparency and competitive pricing across all physical and digital channels to deliver the right offer to the right customer at the right time.
- Deliver Empowering Digital Experiences: As the gateway to each customer touch point, this solution set is supported by enhancements to IBM’s customer digital experience software. Marketing, sales and service professionals now can more easily leverage dynamic customer, pricing and performance analytics by embedding real-time offers into their mobile, social and rich media experiences. The real-time offer engine automates personalization across the customer experience at scale, increasing engagement, satisfaction and sales. (Edit: IBM Customer Experience Suite)
IBM also introduced three new cloud business solutions to give clients more flexibility in how they buy and deploy IBM ExperienceOne. These solutions combine consulting services, IBM ExperienceOne software and cloud infrastructure powered by SoftLayer, an IBM company. They include:
- Customer Data as a Service: Enables clients to combine disparate customer data from internal and external sources to improve marketing performance and revenue growth.
- Customer Analytics as a Service: Helps organizations quickly identify new customer trends, anticipate future behavior and suggest next best actions to deepen engagement.
- Digital Commerce as a Service: Allows business leaders to deliver exceptional digital experiences and accelerate time to market for a range of customer engagement solutions from order capture through fulfillment.