Our recent website redesign for internationally recognized cultural destination The Henry Ford has been awarded a MUSE Award by the American Alliance of Museums. The site, which launched earlier this year, took Silver in the Online Presence category.
The Henry Ford, in Dearborn, Mich., is the largest indoor-outdoor museum complex in the United States. It features 26 million artifacts from American history and innovation and hosts more than 1.6 million visitors annually – and millions more visit online. We took the 54,000 pages on the TheHenryFord.org and made them responsive and rich in visual design, while delivering an expansive customer experience across many digital channels and devices.
Highlights from the redesign include:
- Bundled data and assets associated with physical artifacts into a single digital “artifact card.” Shareable on social media, the cards drive revenue by promoting links to retail and ticketing items.
- Enhanced geolocation maps that show routes and destinations in precise detail.
- Robust search tools that simplify discovery of the more than 50,000 digital artifacts.
- A video series showing the hidden connections between items in the digital collection and a narrative series on inventors and their inventions.
- Integrated analytics for content performance evaluations across the site.
- A cloud-based hosting solution with state-of-the-art performance, up-time, and security features.
“We are truly honored for the recognition we received for our work for The Henry Ford. More importantly, we are honored and thrilled with our ongoing partnership with them as we help digitally transform the entire customer experience,” said Steve Glauberman, a general manager of Perficient Digital. “There are so many more exciting things to come.”
For the complete list of MUSE Award winners, please visit aam-us.org.