While working in SharePoint Online for Office 365 I noticed a few columns missing while creating a SharePoint Designer workflow. I was running SharePoint Designer from one of my many test virtual environments, which have worked successfully in the past. Some of the columns were showing up, while others were not. After a bit of digging, I discovered that although I had the connector (old version at the time) installed, I did not have the SharePoint site listed as a trusted site. Once adding the site I was working on to my trusted sites, the columns appeared in SharePoint designer and I was able to continue building my workflow.