In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
- Why Technology is One of the Big Keys to Picking the Right Commerce Platform – Here’s Why #270 - Your e-commerce platform sets the foundation for the future success of your business, so it’s crucial that you choose one that fits your current needs and allows room to grow. In this episode, Justin Racine, Senior Commerce Consultant at Perficient, joins Eric Enge to highlight the key technology considerations you need to examine before deciding […]
- Why CX and UX Are Critical to Meeting User Intent – Here’s Why #269 - In this series, Eric Enge and Duane Forrester, VP of Industry Insights at Yext, have demonstrated why and how user intent impacts search. So, what should you do to ensure success? How and what should you prioritize? Eric and Duane walk through how to identify if you’re providing a great customer and user experience today […]
- Why Comprehensive Answers to User Questions Are Important – Here’s Why #268 - The world of search is massively complex, making it tempting to create content for your website that addresses high-volume topics only. But, that won’t help your users or your ranking. Duane Forrester, VP of Industry Insights at Yext, joins Eric Enge to discuss why you need to provide comprehensive answers to your users’ specific, detailed, […]
- Why Google’s Focus on User Intent Matters to You – Here’s Why #267 - Search engines, like Google and Bing, are laser-focused on user intent because meeting their users’ needs will keep them coming back. But, what does that mean for the rest of us? Duane Forrester, VP of Industry Insights at Yext, joins Eric Enge to discuss why your SEO strategy must go beyond the areas traditionally classified […]
- Why Google’s Broad Core Algorithm Updates Relate to User Intent – Here’s Why #266 - Google’s broad core algorithm updates are all about understanding user intent and what queries mean in relation to that intent. If Google knows that, then they can identify which result will give users the best answer. In this episode, Duane Forrester, VP of Industry Insights at Yext, joins Eric Enge to discuss the relationship between […]
- Why Everything You Know about Link Building for Local Search Is Wrong – Here’s Why #265 - Most of what you read about link building or hear at conferences isn’t helpful. And when you narrow that down to link building for local search, it’s even more challenging to find useful information. In this episode, Greg Gifford, SearchLabs’ Vice President of Search, joins Eric Enge to share the differences between local link building […]
- Why User Intent Needs to Be Central to Your SEO Strategy – Here’s Why #264 - As far back as 2011, Google has been giving clear signals about what websites need to do to rank well. Ultimately, it comes down to providing users with high-quality, relevant content that answers their questions, which is more difficult to do than you think. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, […]
- Why the Impact of the Mobile Revolution is Still Unfolding – Here’s Why #263 - We’ve been studying the trend of mobile vs desktop traffic usage since 2016. This year, we looked at mobile vs desktop vs tablet traffic and found that mobile’s dominance continues to grow. With the final adoption of Google’s mobile-first indexing now in effect, it’s never been more important to make sure your site is providing […]
- Why Google’s SMITH Algorithm Is an Important Event for SEO – Here’s Why #262 - Google has been investing heavily in machine learning and its language processing capabilities for quite some time to help improve overall user experience and satisfaction. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Jessica Peck, Senior Analytics Consultant at CVS, joins Eric to discuss what Google’s SMITH algorithm is and why it […]
- Mobile vs. Desktop Usage In 2020 - This study is a comprehensive review of mobile versus desktop usage on the web. In this year’s study, we compare 2019 and 2020 traffic patterns in the U.S. and globally. We also include tablet usage stats. The data in this study was pulled from Google Analytics’ Benchmarking feature, which provides aggregated industry data from companies […]
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?
Looking for information on how Google’s search features impact clickthrough rate (CTR) within the search results? Check out our exclusive research which is based on the largest study ever assembled on this topic. See the full study here.