In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
- Why Everything You Know about Link Building for Local Search Is Wrong – Here’s Why #265 - Most of what you read about link building or hear at conferences isn’t helpful. And when you narrow that down to link building for local search, it’s even more challenging to find useful information. In this episode, Greg Gifford, SearchLabs’ Vice President of Search, joins Eric Enge to share the differences between local link building […]
- Why User Intent Needs to Be Central to Your SEO Strategy – Here’s Why #264 - As far back as 2011, Google has been giving clear signals about what websites need to do to rank well. Ultimately, it comes down to providing users with high-quality, relevant content that answers their questions, which is more difficult to do than you think. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, […]
- Why the Impact of the Mobile Revolution is Still Unfolding – Here’s Why #263 - We’ve been studying the trend of mobile vs desktop traffic usage since 2016. This year, we looked at mobile vs desktop vs tablet traffic and found that mobile’s dominance continues to grow. With the final adoption of Google’s mobile-first indexing now in effect, it’s never been more important to make sure your site is providing […]
- Why Google’s SMITH Algorithm Is an Important Event for SEO – Here’s Why #262 - Google has been investing heavily in machine learning and its language processing capabilities for quite some time to help improve overall user experience and satisfaction. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Jessica Peck, Senior Analytics Consultant at CVS, joins Eric to discuss what Google’s SMITH algorithm is and why it […]
- Mobile vs. Desktop Usage In 2020 - This study is a comprehensive review of mobile versus desktop usage on the web. In this year’s study, we compare 2019 and 2020 traffic patterns in the U.S. and globally. We also include tablet usage stats. The data in this study was pulled from Google Analytics’ Benchmarking feature, which provides aggregated industry data from companies […]
- The Power of User Intent Matters for SEO – Here’s Why #261 - Eric Enge has been doing Here’s Why videos alone for two years now. Many people have been wondering what happened to Mark Traphagen. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Mark Traphagen returns to discuss user intent and why it is critical to creating high-performing content for both SEO and site […]
- The Senior Executive’s Guide to Site Migrations – Step 4 of 4: Run - This video is the fourth in a series of videos designed to help you execute a successful site migration project. If you missed the other videos, watch them now: Step 1: Plan, Step 2: Build, Step 3: Launch. Your new site is finally live after months or years of planning and building. You can relax […]
- The Senior Executive’s Guide to Site Migrations – Step 3 of 4: Launch - This video is the third in a series of videos designed to help you execute a successful site migration project. If you missed the other videos, watch them now: Step 1: Plan, Step 2: Build. A site migration requires a significant monetary and time investment, so when it’s time to launch, it’s crucial that it […]
- The Senior Executive’s Guide to Site Migrations – Step 2 of 4: Build - This video is the second in a series of videos designed to help you execute a successful site migration project. If you missed the first video in this series, watch it now: Step 1: Plan. Extensive planning is critical to the success of your site migration project. But, once you have a plan, what’s next? […]
- The History Behind Google’s Page Experience Signal and Where It May Be Going Next - In May 2021, Google is rolling out the Page Experience ranking signal. It combines the existing mobile-friendly, safe-browsing, https, and intrusive interstitials signals with the new Core Web Vitals (CWV) signal that includes: Largest Contentful Paint. First Input Delay. Cumulative Layout Shift (a form page speed metric). The Page Experience signal is a milestone in […]
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?
Looking for information on how Google’s search features impact clickthrough rate (CTR) within the search results? Check out our exclusive research which is based on the largest study ever assembled on this topic. See the full study here.