In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
- Google vs. YouTube: Why Your Video Strategy Should Differ Between the Two – Here’s Why #256 - Many businesses have included video marketing in their strategy as video plays an incredibly important role in Google search results. How can your videos get high visibility and the traffic that comes with it? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge reveals insights from his latest study on how videos […]
- Why YouTube Is the Best Platform for Publishing Videos – Here’s Why #255 - At Perficient, we just published a second update of our study on video rankings in Google and YouTube. The main objective is to find out the difference between YouTube’s and Google’s algorithms for ranking videos. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge reveals some of the study’s findings and explains […]
- YouTube Continues to Dominate the Video Results in Google - This is the second time we’ve done a study on video rankings in Google and YouTube (see the first study here). This post covers: How YouTube videos dominate the top videos in Google’s results. The difference between YouTube’s and Google’s algorithms for ranking videos. An analysis of how the two algorithms differ. A short and […]
- Why During a Site Migration Is the Perfect Time to Do CRO Work – Here’s Why #254 - Most of the time, when performing a site migration, one of the goals is to not lose any website traffic. One thing many don’t realize is that during a site migration is actually the best time do conversion rate optimization to increase traffic. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Alex […]
- Opening Search Pages for Indexation & SEO – A Data-Driven Approach - If you’re running an e-commerce website, you probably have your customers searching for your products on your site. In most instances, you’ve likely closed those search pages to search engine indexation, since they may be duplicative of some category pages. However, you may not realize that search pages often fill a gap in your category […]
- Why Website Experimentation Is the Key to Growing Your Marketing ROI – Here’s Why #253 - After a lot of SEO efforts, it is frustrating when users come to our website but don’t convert. But why and what should we do? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Alex Harris joins Eric Enge to discuss how website experimentation can help to increase conversion rate and marketing ROI. […]
- Why It’s Important to Understand the Google Passages Update – Here’s Why #252 - On Thursday October 14th, Google announced a new aspect of Google search, which the company refers to as passages. This update caused some confusion around whether it is a ranking or an indexing change. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge and Mats Tolander explain the announcements and what digital […]
- Why Mapping User Needs is Critical to SEO – Here’s Why #251 - Google has been constantly making algorithm updates in the past couple years. Why? Has their focus shifted? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge goes through different Google algorithm updates since March of 2018 and explains why Google made these updates. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s Why. […]
- Why You Need to Make a Plan for Your 2020 Holiday Shopping Season – Here’s Why #250 - The COVID-19 pandemic has changed consumer behaviors in numerous ways. As the 2020 holiday season is fast approaching, we surveyed over 150 marketing executives to find out what they think is likely to happen this holiday season and how they’re preparing for it. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge […]
- How the Pandemic Has Changed Holiday Season Shopping - A Survey of Over 150 Enterprise Executives The world threw a major curveball at us back in March 2020 when COVID-19 erupted on the global stage. World economies and even our basic culture were thrown into disarray. Many businesses that could not adapt to the new environment were forced to close, and the great majority […]
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?
Looking for information on how Google’s search features impact clickthrough rate (CTR) within the search results? Check out our exclusive research which is based on the largest study ever assembled on this topic. See the full study here.