Cloud is a buzzword in every organization right now. Everyone is defining a strategy for moving towards the cloud that is happening as we speak. Everyone expresses interest in being part of the ‘cloud’ journey.
Is this journey really about pushing a magic button?
- Doing lift and shift from on-premise to cloud – If so, what is the gain?.
- Rearchitecting to the cloud platforms – if so, it’s cost-prohibitive.
It’s about considering changes to the business model and the organization to get the full benefits of cloud adoption. It’s about defining your strategy!
An interesting quote, “Strategy is defined by what you are not doing.”
The strategy should help/provide directions in defining principles; decisions are derived based on the defined principles.
Becoming digital is the surest way for you to understand your customers' needs and meet their expectations. Learn how Perficient can help anticipate what's ahead for you and your customer with a digital strategy centered around empathy, alignment, and agility.
Before you begin the cloud journey, I recommend three tasks to accelerate the journey: successful adoption.
Leadership Buy-in (Business and technology)
- Articulate how the cloud will affect the enterprise.
- Educate them on the economics of the cloud operating model.
- Explain the driving factors and strategic aspects.
Define cloud adoption framework (hybrid, multi-cloud)
- Provide the holistic view across business, people, and IT
- Create a decision-making process for adopting hybrid, multi-cloud, and platform/technologies.
- Agility needs for faster to market and to provide a seamless customer experience.
Establish governance and Enable adoption.
- Define criteria and guidelines for technologies, security, and process.
- Help to resolve the blockers and the bottlenecks with established principles and mechanisms.
Question: Who is going to help in accomplishing the above tasks ?.
Hint: It’s the artist who defines the enterprise architecture 🙂