At Oracle OpenWorld this year the analytics track is jam packed with great sessions covering the full suite of Oracle Analytics products and capabilities. There are so many great analytics sessions it was hard to whittle it down to just 10. That said, below are my top 10 picks for ‘must see’ analytics sessions at #OOW19 (and yes my own speaking session is in there 🙂 ).
If you attend the sessions below you will get great information on the full range of Oracle Analytics products and capabilities including:
- Oracle Analytics Cloud (augmented analytics, data preparation, visualizations, natural language processing, machine learning, mobile, real time analytics, etc)
- Oracle Analytics Server (for on-premises deployments)
- Oracle Analytics for Applications (pre built analytic apps for Oracle Cloud SaaS applications)
- Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning.
Note: none of the sessions below overlap in terms of time – so you can attend them all! Here is the link to the Oracle OpenWorld session catalog where you can see all the sessions and make your own calendar:
Top 10 Analytics Sessions at 2019 Oracle OpenWorld
- Solution Keynote: A New Vision for Oracle Analytics (SOL6358), Wed Sept 18, 9:00 am – the Senior VP of Oracle Analytics will outline the vision and philosophy for Oracle Analytics going forward. There will also be excellent real world input from 2 customers.
- The Future of Analytics: Strategy and Roadmap for Oracle Analytics Cloud (CON6377), Mon Sept 16, 9:00 am – due to its cloud-based nature, OAC continues to evolve at a breakneck pace. New enhancements and capabilities are frequently added (e.g., OAC connector to Snowflake). This is a must see session to learn where OAC is headed in the future.
- You Have Some Explaining to Do: Real Business and Real Fun with Oracle Analytics (CON6379), Thurs Sept 19, 1:15 pm – Ben Arnulf and Brendan Doyle of Oracle (really great and fun guys) will show you how to get started quickly using Oracle Analytics Cloud. Attend this session to avoid the ‘blank canvas syndrome’!
- Practical Machine Learning: What Oracle Analytics and Machine Learning Can Do for You (CON6378), Thurs Sept 19, 12:15 pm – OAC has a significant amount of machine learning (ML) capability built right into it. Using the ML features of OAC does not require coding or a background in data science. This session will show you how to get started using the ML features of OAC.
- Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse: Update, Strategy, Roadmap (CON4732), Mon Sept 16, 1:45 pm – Oracle’s ADW is a flexible, powerful, cost effective cloud data warehouse that can be provisioned and set up in minutes. It is fully managed by Oracle and is tightly integrated with OAC. You will not want to miss this session to learn how to leverage ADW for your analytics solutions.
- Oracle Analytics and Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse for the Win (THT6474), Mon Sept 16, 12:45 – OAC and ADW together can provide a complete analytics solution regardless of your data sources. This session will show you how to get them up and running quickly (including how to get your own free trial versions!). As a related note, on Mon thru Wed I will be speaking on the same topic at the @Perficient booth in the exhibit hall as well – so please stop by (booth #401).
- Winning with Analytics: Strategy and Roadmap for Oracle Analytics for Applications (CON6374), Tues Sept 17, 11:15 am – if you are using Oracle Cloud SaaS apps or thinking about converting to them, you won’t want to miss this session. Oracle Analytics for Applications will take analytics to the next level allowing customers to leverage their Oracle cloud data for quicker, better decision making.
- Oracle Analytics for Applications in Action (CON6376), Tues Sept 17, 1:45 pm – this session will give you a chance to see Oracle Analytics for Applications via a product demo. You can use this to session to get a better sense of how these pre built analytic applications will benefit your organization.
- Chart Your Course with Oracle Analytics On-Premise (THT6476), Tues Sept 17, 1:00 pm – some companies are not ready to move to the cloud or don’t plan to move to the cloud. Oracle has released ‘Oracle Analytics Server’ (OAS) which brings the advanced functionality of OAC to on-premises (augmented analytics, data preparation, visualizations, natural language processing, machine learning, mobile, real time analytics, etc). All OBIEE customers are automatically licensed for OAS. If you are an existing OBIEE customer, this is a ‘must see’ session.
- Your Analytics Guide: Perficient OAC Implementation Case Study (CON6394), Tues, Sept 17, 4:15 pm – Ok yes this is my speaking session (at least I put it as #10!). I will be joined by Joey Fitts of Oracle (Global Head of Analytics Cloud Product Management) and my colleague from Perficient, Mazen Manasseh. We will describe Perficient’s journey with Oracle Analytics culminating in the recent deployment of Oracle Analytics Cloud. We will discuss the deployment process, best practices and benefits realized. You don’t want to miss this session!
- High-Speed Analytics: Augmented Data Preparation Changes Everything (CON6381), Thurs 10:00 am – as I said, it was hard to get down to just 10! The data preparation functionality available in OAC is fantastic and it does not require any coding. Business analysts can use this functionality to automate a lot of things they previously did in Excel thus saving time to spend on finding impactful insights. This session will give you a good overview of what is available and how to use it.
Have a great 2019 Oracle OpenWorld! If you are there please ping me on Twitter @mylesgilsenan or via LinkedIn. Stay tuned for updates during and after #OOW19.