About EPM Automate
EPM Automate Utility enables Service Administrators to automate many repeatable tasks, including the following:
- Import and export metadata, data, artifact and application snapshots, templates, and Data Management mappings
- Upload files into environments, list files, and delete files from the service
- Download snapshots, reports, and metadata and data files from the service
- Run business rules on data, and refresh the application
- Copy data from one database to another; typically, from a block storage database to an aggregate storage database or from a block storage database to another block storage database
- Run a Data Management batch rule
- Generate Data Management reports, provisioning report, and user audit report
- Import pre-mapped balance data, currency rates, pre-mapped transactions, balances data, and profiles into Oracle Account Reconciliation Cloud
- Copy profiles to a period to initiate the reconciliation process
- Deploy the calculation cube of an Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud application
- Clear, copy, and delete Point of Views in Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud applications
- Replay Oracle Smart View for Office load on an environment to enable performance testing under heavy load
- Import supplemental data from a file into Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud
You can create scripts that are capable of completing a wide array of tasks and automate their execution using a scheduler. For example, you can create a script to download the daily maintenance backup from environments to create local backups of your artifacts and data.
EPM Automate installation procedure
From the menu, Select Tools Install EPM Automate (For Windows)
EPM Automate can also be downloaded from the Simplified Interface
From the top right menu select Download
EPM Automate tools can be install on Linux and Windows! The step by step instructions can be found below.
Additionally, for this purpose of this demonstration, we will be using the windows installer.
1. Open your PBCS instance and login as normal
2. Access ‘Setting and Actions’ by clicking your user name in the top right-hand corner of the Home page.
3. Click Downloads.
4. In the Downloads page, click Download for Windows/Linux in the EPM Automate section.
5. When prompted, choose to save the file to your computer.
6. Once downloaded, right-click the ‘EPM Automate.exe’ file, and select Run as administrator.
7. Follow on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
By default, the EPM Automate Utility is installed in C:/Oracle/EPM Automate.
Reference for this article can be found here.