Exciting news as Gartner research recently published their Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Storage Services and recognized Microsoft Azure as a leader for the second year in a row based on completeness of their vision and ability to execute.
The amount of digital data produced each year is growing exponentially. According to IDC, by 2020 total digital data will be close to 40 Zetabytes (40,000,000PBs) and majority of it will be stored in the cloud.
In 2012, Microsoft Azure was storing 4 Trillion objects. In January 2015 the number of objects stored in Microsoft Azure reached 10 Trillion. That’s an enormous amount of files! According to Microsoft, 75% of those files are less than 10 MB in size.
The other two primary competitors in the Gartner Leader quadrant are Google and Amazon. However, in benchmark testing performed by Nasuni, the Microsoft Cloud performed significantly better than its competition:
Are you looking for a low-cost reliable cloud storage solution? One of the biggest challenges facing enterprise storage customers is massive data growth and the amount of storage management work required to keep up with it. Microsoft Azure StorSimple 8000 series hybrid storage arrays excel at managing data growth and stopping the endless cycle of buying storage.
A Hybrid Storage solution powered by Azure can help manage data growth and lower storage costs up to 60%.
- Cloud storage is used to offload inactive data from on-premises and for storing backup and archive data
- Inline deduplication and compression reduce storage growth rates and increase storage utilization
- Solid state drives (SSD) deliver low-cost input/output per second
The IT Leader's Guide to Multicloud Readiness
This guide provides practical key insights and important factors to consider to make informed decisions in your multicloud journey.
A Hybrid solution can also improve disaster recovery and compliance concerns.
- Instant recovery downloads only the data needed by applications for fast RTOs (recovery time objectives)
- Data retention is determined by software policies instead of backup system capacity or tape rotations
- Disaster recovery testing can be done without disrupting normal daily operations
For more information on how an Azure powered Hybrid Storage Solution can help your organization grow, contact us at Perficient and one of our Certified Azure Consultants can help envision your solution today!