Today Sitecore announced it acquired commerceserver.net. The “acquisition lays the foundation for the industry’s first .NET based, enterprise-grade Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform with a native, fully integrated e-commerce engine.”
According to Sitecore, “the integration of e-commerce functionality with Sitecore’s leading experience platform allows marketers to truly own the experience they deliver to every customer or prospect that engages with their brand, creating high value customers for life.”
Choosing a Global Software Development Partner to Accelerate Your Digital Strategy
To be successful and outpace the competition, you need a software development partner that excels in exactly the type of digital projects you are now faced with accelerating, and in the most cost effective and optimized way possible.
The full press release may be read at Sitecore.
Commerce Server builds on the foundation of .NET products such as SQL Server and Visual Studio, and open XML standards to provide a comprehensive solution for creating, managing, and maintaining e-commerce sites and Web business applications.
Commerce Server 10 provides a comprehensive solution for many business scenarios, including:
- Business-to-consumer (B2C) sales of tangible or digital goods or online service delivery.
- Business-to-business (B2B) scenarios, such as e-procurement and trading communities.
- B2X scenarios, combining business-to-consumer (B2C) and B2B.
- Self service portals using catalogs or profiles for personalized information delivery.
- Hosted services where multiple site or application instances are deployed on a single set of physical infrastructure to handle either multi-brand or hosted ISP scenarios.
The implication being Sitecore can now offer a more complete customer experience across an array of channels and gain more valuable insights from each transaction.