In 2018, Perficient acquired Stone Temple Consulting, an award-winning Boston-based $9 million annual revenue digital marketing agency. Read more about the acquisition here, and below you’ll find blog posts by our digital marketing experts from Stone Temple.
- Why Google Uses Machine Learning – Here’s Why #245 - Machine learning is always a hot topic in the search community, and there is still confusion on how and why Google uses machine learning in their search algorithms. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge and Jessica Peck explain why you need to understand how Google uses machine learning. […]
- Why You Need to Care about Voice as an Input Medium – Here’s Why #244 - Search industry has been talking about the hype of voice search for years. But what actually is the reality of voice usage today? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge reveals some insights from our fourth annual survey of voice usage and predicts when the voice revolution will actually […]
- Mobile Voice Usage Trends in 2020 - How much do people use voice commands with their devices, and what do they use them for? We wanted to know, so for the fourth year in a row, we asked over 1,000 people (1,123 this year) how they use voice, when they use it, and why. If you want a snapshot of how voice […]
- Why SEO Must Be an Essential Element of Your Site Migration – Here’s Why #243 - Site migration can be a daunting task for many SEOs, but it can also be done strategically. The site migration process can also offer an excellent opportunity to fix your website foundation. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge and Matt Ruud share primary considerations from an SEO perspective that […]
- Why You Should Know About the New Google Page Experience Signal – Here’s Why #242 - On May 28th, 2020, Google announced that they were adding a new ranking algorithm called the Google Page Experience, which incorporates some new page experience metrics in their ranking factor. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge walks us through this algorithm update and shares advice to get you prepared […]
- Why Voice Search May Not Be As Big As You Think It Is – Here’s Why #241 - Google I/O has claimed that in the U.S. on mobile apps and Android, one in five queries, or 20% of our queries, are voice queries. Amazon has sold over 100 million devices with Alexa built-in. Is voice search really dominating the search industry? In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge […]
- The Critical Role of Audience Intelligence with Eric Enge and Rand Fishkin – Webinar Transcript - As a marketer, you’re used to things moving quickly. But, with the entire world undergoing unprecedented change, it can be overwhelming for you, your business, and your customers. So, how do you identify what your customers need and how you can help? Now more than ever, audience intelligence is the key. Audience intelligence is about […]
- Why You Need to Prep for the Post-COVID-19 Era – Here’s Why #240 - The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all businesses. Even though this unprecedented event is still happening, now is also the time to prepare for the aftermath. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge explains why businesses should start thinking about the post-COVID-19 era. Don’t miss a single episode of Here’s […]
- Why You Need to Leverage Google Trends – Here’s Why #239 - Google offers many great tools for digital marketers including this free tool that can help us find data on the latest search trends to get through this COVID-19 pandemic. In this episode of the award-winning Here’s Why digital marketing video series, Eric Enge shares some tips on how you can use Google Trends to get some marketing […]
- Do Links Still Matter for SEO in 2020? - Here are the results from the fifth of our “Links as a Ranking Factor” studies. We conducted the first of these studies in May 2016 and have been tracking the same query set over time to measure any material shifts in the role of links. In this year’s study, we also expanded our examination of […]
Most Read Posts
Enjoy some of our posts that get the most attention and readers:
- Google SEO Certification: Why Doesn’t It Exist?
- How Google’s Search Results Work: Crawling, Indexing and Ranking
- How Are People Using Facebook? Survey of 325 Users
- Keyword Cannibalization and SEO: What You Need to Know
- Does Google Respect Robots.txt NoIndex and Should You Use It?
- How Does Social Media Affect SEO?
- Ranking Videos on Google and YouTube: Study Shows How They Differ
- How Many Pages Should Your Website Have? – Hardcore Marketing Video
- Does AMP Improve Rankings, Engagement, and Conversion?
- Does Author Authority Matter for Your Content and SEO?
- How Long Until Google Honors My Website Changes?
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and SEO
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang
- 15 Crucial Elements of an Informative SEO Audit
- Does Google Use Online Brand Mentions for Search Ranking?
- Rating the Smarts of the Digital Personal Assistants
- PR and Search Engine Optimization: What PR Professionals Need to Know
- Semantic Search and SEO: Everything You Need to Know
- Does Google Use Chrome to Discover New URLs for Crawling?
- How Much Does Google Index Twitter in 2018?
Looking for information on how Google’s search features impact clickthrough rate (CTR) within the search results? Check out our exclusive research which is based on the largest study ever assembled on this topic. See the full study here.