A chatbot, often known as a bot, is a computer programme that replicates a human conversation, whether written or spoken, and can be a beneficial tool for automating interactions with users.
Salesforce Einstein Chatbot is a chatting tool that is driven by Salesforce’s AI. This platform allows businesses to create and deploy chatbots in a variety of business processes involving real-time interaction with customers.
In this blog, we are going to learn the simple overview of Einstein Bot covering it’s all the aspects. So, let’s get started.
Salesforce Einstein Bot:
Einstein bots are part of Salesforce Service Cloud (now in Sales Cloud too). In today’s fast paced world, every customer likes quick responses without delay. Thus, the main purpose of Einstein bot is to interact with customers quickly and accurately without waiting for a human agent.
Einstein bots can send messages, ask questions, evaluate insights, calculate possible outcomes, and perform the actions based on the rules defined or based on the customer input. It also detects data complications and promptly sends the case to a Live Agent in the queue to handle the difficulties efficiently. Later, if necessary, the agent can review the interaction between the customer and the bot to provide appropriate help.
Salesforce uses Natural language understanding (NLU) or Natural Language processing (NLP) technology, making Salesforce Einstein smart.
To begin using the Salesforce Einstein Bot, be sure to meet the following requirements:
- Salesforce Edition: Einstein Bots are available in specific Salesforce editions, such as Enterprise Edition, Unlimited Edition, and Performance Edition. Ensure that your Salesforce instance is on a compatible edition.
- Enabled Features: Make sure you have the “Service Cloud” feature enabled in your Salesforce organization, as Einstein Bots are part of the Service Cloud offering.
- Lightning Experience: Enable Lightning Experience in your org.
- Chat Feature: Enable Chat feature in your org (shown below).
- Salesforce Knowledge: If you want your bots to offer Knowledge Articles to customers, then enable Salesforce Knowledge.
Salesforce Einstein Bots require specific licensing to be used within your Salesforce organization. You must be on Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, or Developer edition to use Einstein Bots.
Salesforce Einstein Bots are primarily available with Service Cloud licenses. It includes Service Cloud Professional, Enterprise as well as Unlimited editions.
And Salesforce recently announced and brought the Salesforce Einstein Bot for Sales Cloud from Summer ’23 release.
The Manufacturer’s Guide to Marketing Through Partner Enablement in 2021
Learn how partnerships allow manufacturers to scale revenue growth beyond what’s possible with direct sales alone.
Note- Here, I’m using Salesforce Developer Edition to perform Einstein Bot activities.
Enable Service Cloud Permission:
To enable service cloud permission, you can follow the below steps.
- Go to the Quick Find Box and enter User.
- Click User.
- Select the User. (Here, I’m selecting System Administrator)
- Now, you need to enable the service cloud user checkbox from the user detail page as shown below.
- Click Save.
To use the Einstein bot, it should be connected to the chat feature or messaging platform. Thus, it is important to enable Chat feature and Chat user in your org.
- Enter “Chat” in the Quick Find Box.
- Click “Chat Setting”.
- Check the Enable Chat checkbox as shown in the figure below.
- Click Save.
To Enable the Chat User, follow the below steps:
- Enter User in the Quick Find Box and click Users.
- Select the required user.
- Now, you need to enable chat user checkbox from the user detail page as shown below.
- Click Save.
So, if you try to enable chat user checkbox first, it won’t be visible in the user detail page unless you enable the “Chat Feature” as discussed above.
Enable Einstein Bot:
To enable the Einstein bot feature in your org, follow the below steps.
- Enter and search “Einstein Bot” in the Quick Find Box.
- Enable the Einstein Bot feature by clicking on enable button as shown in figure.
- Click on “Try Einstein” button.
In this way, you’ve successfully enabled the Einstein Bot Feature in your org.
Benefits of Einstein Bot:
- Enhanced Customer Engagement: Einstein Bots provide immediate, 24/7 customer support, ensuring that your customers can obtain help whenever they need it. This leads to higher customer satisfaction and improved engagement.
- Efficiency/Productivity: Bots handle routine and repetitive tasks, freeing up human agents to focus on more complex and strategic tasks that require human intervention.
- Cost Efficient: Einstein bots eliminate the requirement for human customer service representatives to stay on the phone or in the chatroom to handle every customer query. Because chatbots do this activity using Natural Language Understanding technology, saving firms money on staff costs.
- Data-driven Insights: This Chatbot collects data using information gathered from customer interactions.
- Multichannel Support: Einstein Bots can be deployed across various communication channels, including websites, messaging apps, and social media, providing consistent support wherever customers are.
Let’s Talk about some Best Practices: –
- To ensure a smooth launch, start with small and defined use cases. You can gradually expand the bot’s powers as you acquire experience.
- Use customer data to personalize interactions. Use Salesforce CRM data to deliver relevant recommendations and solutions.
- Test the bot extensively before deployment. Collect feedback from users and continuously iterate to improve its performance over time.
- Continuously monitor bot interactions, examine metrics, and make data-driven changes to improve performance.
- To ensure accurate and relevant responses, keep the bot up to date with changes in your products, services, and operations.
In the next part of this blog, we will learn to create a live Chatbot along with step by step procedure, working with it’s dialog and menu feature and many more things.
Salesforce Einstein Bot is the powerful tool you can use to automate your customer experiences and increase engagements as well. Through 24/7 availability, instant responses, and consistent engagement, Einstein Bot redefines the way businesses connect with their audience. So only need to keep pre-requisites and best practices in mind, then you are good to go with Chatbot.
To be Continued…