Every year Acquia recognizes the very best projects that were delivered using its platform and products at the Acquia Engage Awards. This year Molson Coors won the “Quickest to Launch” award for the work they delivered with Ameex, now a part of Perficient.
About Molson Coors
Molson Coors is a global brewer that was founded in 1786. It is one of the oldest and largest beer companies in the world, with a presence in over 25 counties. Molson Coors produces a variety of beers, including lagers, pilsners, stouts, and ales. Some of its most popular beers include Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Blue Moon LightSky, Vizzy, Carling, and so many others!
Molson Coors’ Challenge
Molson Coors needed to create five global sites for its brand but the company’s previous platform architecture made it difficult and time-consuming for developers and website administrators to perform updates or enhancements on the website. Additionally, globalizing and localizing was a burdensome task with the old platform architecture.
As an organization that caters to a global audience, all of these challenges posed a serious risk of attracting users’ attention from around the world, which is crucial for Molson Coors’ success.
Molson Coors partnered with Perficient to address its challenges. We kicked off the project by doing global discovery to understand the business and content authors’ pain points. We then laid out a roadmap for Molson Coors’ platform that would optimize the Drupal platform on top of the Acquia Cloud Platform and include multisite architecture and multiple themes to provide flexibility in using several templates across the site.
3 Keys to Success
Molson Coors and Perficient’s goal was to build a true digital experience platform (DXP) that provides an intuitive user experience for the end-users. To achieve this, we focused on 3 key areas
- Acquia Cloud- We built the new digital experience on Acquia Cloud. The platform’s scalable and secure features boosted performance, achieved consistent uptime, and created a developer-friendly architecture.
- Drupal Layout Builder- With Drupal Layout Builder, the creation of “layout templates” and templated layout customizations are possible and makes it easier to create pages from a toolbox of components.
- Website Performance- We implemented lean scripts and eliminated redundancies to improve the page load time, increase user engagement, and improve the overall performance of the site.
Molson Coors improved its site using Acquia Cloud as the core of the multisite architecture. We delivered five brand sites in just three months. The global business now is able to keep costs low, even as it enhances the digital experience. Molson Coors saw improvements that reduced costs and improved marketing and conversion related improvements.
Cost Related Improvements
- Implementation costs reduced by 45%
- Total cost of ownership reduced by 60%
- Maintenace costs reduced by 60%
- Time spent updating content reduced by 50%
Marketing and Conversion Improvements
- Fully Technical and on page SEO compliant
- Improved time to market by 2.5x
- Google page score of up to 90 for newly launched sites
- Age gate security for users and tightened IT security
- Site is compliant as per GDPR Guidelines