Healthcare organizations play a key role in offering access to care, employing and motivating skilled workers, and acting as social safety nets in their communities. They, along with life sciences organizations, serve on the front lines of addressing health equity. Perficient is dedicated to enabling these organizations to operate equitably in all areas of their business.
Helping Providers, Payers, and Employers Operate Inclusively
As a global digital consultancy, Perficient is uniquely positioned to equip providers, payers, and employees in the healthcare industry. We enable these stakeholders as they plan, activate, monitor, and expand their DE&I initiatives.
- We partner with providers and payers to help them become comfortable with DE&I initiatives, through campaigns and roll-out of messaging. We evaluate the Find-a-Doctor functionality to be sure the hospital is highlighting a diverse range of providers in searches.
- We support healthcare employees by helping their employers to create a DE&I strategy and conduct content strategy/development across the employee intranet.
- For any healthcare organization that works with our nearshore and offshore teams, we can supplement/integrate with the client teams in a way that increases diversity and awareness of working across different subcultures.
12 Steps to Equitable End-to-End Solutions: A Case Study
Personas & Journey Maps: The Definitive How-To Guide for Healthcare Providers
Gain step-by-step guidance to increase patient satisfaction, loyalty, and retention with well-executed personas and journey maps.
We delivered work for a leading healthcare system including strategy, assessment, and recommendations on their web and CMS digital marketing communications. They worked closely with our strategists to implement many of our recommendations:
- Evaluate each step of the patient journey and analyze where their marketing communications fail to reach the intended audiences with an inclusive voice.
- Perform user testing on their website and live focus groups/stakeholder interviews. Accessing direct patient and consumer feedback helps to surface insights about how communications are perceived, whether they’re effective, and what would work better with respect to functionality and user experience.
- Deliver competitive analysis to see what others are doing in the field.
- Review chatbot flow through the lens of diverse audiences and revise scripts for more inclusive language.
- Analyze contact center engagement, including secret shopper calls and human chat transcripts, to find opportunities to make human touchpoints more inclusive and coherent with digital and other omnichannel communications.
- Enable and extend digital marketing and journey-based campaigns (e.g., Salesforce, Sitecore, Adobe, etc.) for diverse audiences.
- Facilitate KPI workshops to achieve DE&I goals.
- Design and implement inclusive “Find a Doctor” functionality (adding LGBTQ+ indicators and filters, etc.) and integrated online scheduling.
- Leverage our recommendation for specific, free inclusivity training to set meaningful provider filters and improve doctor-patient communications across the network. Update the patient record and forms to capture self-identified sexual orientation and gender and measure the growth of this patient base.
- Revise and improve taxonomy and search to return results for a more diverse patient base, using tools like Coveo, Lucidworks, Algolia, etc.
- Create a DE&I content strategy with a “Communications Hub” approach and develop/write the content across the website and digital materials.
- Analyze SEO and analytics related to consumer demographics and sources of traffic to improve certain demographic goals.
In the 6 months following, the client saw a measurable and immediate increase in patients from more diverse backgrounds, as well as overall, because of these DE&I improvements.
Diversity Starts from Within
Diverse hiring in technology is not only important, but wise in our space. Many of our healthcare clients themselves have a diverse employee and consumer base. We work to advance equality for our organization, our communities, and our future leaders. Our Women in Tech Employee Resource Group is an active and passionate community where women and their allies can share ideas, find resources, and support fellow colleagues. We’re committed to diverse hiring through our Bright Paths Program, a partnership with Strayer University to create relevant learning experiences that prepare students for a career in technology.
Perficient enables healthcare and life sciences organizations to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within their companies. Our healthcare practice is comprised of experts who understand the unique challenges facing the industry. The 10 largest health systems and 10 largest health insurers in the U.S. have counted on us to support their end-to-end digital success. Modern Healthcare has also recognized us as the fourth largest healthcare IT consulting firm.
With more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, Perficient is a trusted, end-to-end, global digital consultancy.