Recently, Digital Insurance issued the findings from Keynova Group on the 2022 Mobile Insurance Scorecard. While mobile has long been a part of the carrier offering – pay a bill, get an ID card, file a claim – this survey reflects the evolution of insurers from transactional into personalized servicing.
I’ve long advocated that personalization includes three essential elements:
1) Know Me – Data & Analytics Relevant to the Customer
2) Learn About Me – Preferences and Interactions
3) Tell Me – Authentic, Relevant Brand Messages and Experiences
What strikes me about this year’s leaders (including GEICO, State Farm, Nationwide, Progressive and USAA) is how these elements are appearing in their mobile capabilities:
- Claims chatbots create predictive options and expanded vocabulary – leveraging data and honoring preference interaction.
- Expanded services such as gas and parking locators offer enhanced value by displaying need-based information.
- Liberty Mutual and GEICO integrating telematics into the app itself is a brilliant way to engage insurance consumers beyond the traditional app interactions bill pay and claims. By integrating driver data, app usage will increase, and the carriers have even more opportunity to promote personalized recommendations through this expanded traffic.
This survey highlights the progress the insurance industry is making on its digital transformation journey. Personalization is but one key element of this, enabled by technology and implemented using design thinking. It’s exciting to think about a future where insurance is seen as a true partner in protecting and preventing risk, not just as a formality that must be dealt with when you’ve had an incident. Leveraging technology in a personalized user experience is a critical way we will make this come true.
Perficient’s offerings enable insurance companies to innovate and deliver products and services through superior and personalized mobile, online, phone, and in-person experiences. We also help them achieve enterprise-wide operational excellence. Feel free to reach out to me if you’re interested in learning more.