CMS interoperability rules generated quite the commotion in healthcare this past year. But when you think about it, these mandates are pushing us closer toward the consumer-centric goals that healthcare organizations already aim to prioritize.
Interoperability Mandates Mirror Business Needs
|Rules and Regulations. Regulations like the CMS Final Rule mandate that health care organizations make patient data available and shareable. The latest rule includes:
||General Trends. General trends in today’s mobile interconnected world drive many of the same outcomes:
|Key Interoperability Standards. These standards are maturing and allow for easier sharing of patient data:
Integration and Interoperability: Boosting Consumer Experience and Innovation in Healthcare
To remain competitive and compliant, healthcare organizations are:
- Ramping up real-time data exchanges across a growing web of communication points
- Leveraging data models for batch, EDI, and HL7® sharing
- Integrating with external AI models
- Managing communications and care delivery across mobile and medical device applications
Through it all, patients and members expect to engage across multiple channels.
The Healthcare Executive's Guide to Intelligent Automation
Learn how healthcare leaders can unlock value and better consumer experiences with a winning combination of insights and automations.
Healthcare organizations’ ability to accelerate transformation is crucial so your organization can adapt and flourish in an increasingly competitive and ever-changing landscape. We recently published a video that explores this opportunity:
A Data Integration Partner for Leading Healthcare Organizations
We help the largest payers and providers in the U.S. strategize, plan, and deploy transformative change with lasting impacts – providing high-quality and affordable care, engaging and empowering consumers on their healthcare journey, and positioning their organization for innovation, agility, and efficiency. Read about some of the successes our integration, interoperability, and data experts have helped organizations achieve:
- Empowering Healthcare Consumers and Their Care Ecosystems With Interoperable Data: Wanting to do more than simply meet the CMS interoperability mandate, our payer client seized the opportunity to build a scalable infrastructure that mobilizes data in ways that truly put the consumer first – giving all members secure access to their health information when they need it most and in a way they can best use it.
- Cloud-Based Business Solution Streamlines User Experience and Reduces Costs: Our solution created new functionality for the healthcare services company’s users, optimized internal operations, and increased member adoption and dollars saved for its provider network.
- Collaboration Boosts New Patient Acquisition: Ownership of data and the flexibility to truly integrate open scheduling were paramount, so the health system did not want to outsource to a third-party application. We innovated an API-based open scheduling integration with Henry Ford’s MyChart EMR system. We further integrated the scheduling system with Cadence, which Henry Ford physicians use to manage their schedules.
- Driven by Core Principles to Enable a Healthy Community: We equipped our client with a foundation to deliver mobile solutions and integrate with external vendors