The majority of key business decision makers aren’t data gurus. It’s crucial for CEOs, CDOs, and other organizations to be able to understand their data to be able to make important business decisions.
In season 2 episode 5 of the Intelligent Data Podcast, host Arvind Murali and his guest George Firican, Data Governance and BI Director for The University of British Columbia and founder/ content creator for LightsOnData consulting, discuss three core skills of data governance practitioners, data as an asset, and dark data.
- Three words to describe data governance [6:18]
- Treating data as an asset [8:07]
- Engaging in data conversations with non-technical people [11:44]
- Three categories for the need for data governance [16:26]
- The importance of understanding data literacy [19:59]
- Dark data [23:49]
- LightsOnData [28:41]
- Data Science & BI [33:39]
- The future of data governance [35:44]
Get This Episode Where You Listen
And don’t forget to subscribe, rate and review!
Connect with the Host and Guest
Arvind Murali, Perficient Principal and Chief Strategist
Learn More About Our Data Governance Solutions.
If you or someone you know would make a great guest on our show, email us.