As a launch partner for Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA), we’ve developed a DevOps-in-a-box reference architecture and Kubernetes-based implementation for rapid application modernization. Kubernetes is an open-source container orchestration platform that automates many of the manual processes involved in deploying, managing, and scaling containerized applications. This means you can cluster together groups of containers, and Kubernetes helps you easily and effectively manage those clusters on-premise or in public, private, or hybrid cloud environments.
Leveraging Red Hat OpenShift and AWS, our turnkey environment gets you from zero to production within days. This approach to DevSecOps will save you months of time, allowing you to focus on innovation.
ROSA delivers the production-ready Kubernetes that many enterprises already use on-premises today and simplifies the ability to shift workloads to the AWS public cloud as business dictates. With ROSA, you’re able to realize faster time to market and increased ROI, among other benefits.
DevSecOps on Kubernetes Pilot
Our pilot program aims to migrate existing Java applications to Kubernetes in under 12 weeks. It leverages the operator to establish the foundation for modern application development that will drive your organization’s success for years to come.
Application modernization is a growing area of focus for enterprises. If you’re considering this path to cloud adoption, this guide explores considerations for the best approach – cloud native or legacy migration – and more.
The Kubernetes operator manages the entire lifecycle of your applications using simple abstractions to describe them (for example, SpringBootApp). Your development teams can benefit from the many capabilities of containers on Day 1 without the steep learning curve, using the tools and languages they already know.
This pilot enables us to introduce best practices and customize a solution to best fit your needs in the following steps:
- End-to-end cloud-native CI/CD (Tekton)
- External application configuration and secrets
- Kubernetes API extensions for Spring Boot and JS applications (CRDs)
- Modern release flow
- Custom JVM/Spring Boot metrics monitoring and alerts
- Advanced logs management
- APIM and tracing
- Vertical and horizontal auto-scaling
- Service mesh (security, fault tolerance, blue/green deployments, etc.)
More About Kubernetes
The primary advantage of using Kubernetes is that it gives you the platform to schedule and run containers on clusters of physical or virtual machines (VMs). Kubernetes enables you to automate operational tasks, which means you can do many of the same things other application platforms or management systems let you do, but with containers.
With Kubernetes, you can:
- Orchestrate containers across different environments
- Use hardware to maximize resources to run your enterprise applications
- Control and automate application deployments and updates
- Mount and add storage to run applications
- Scale containerized applications and their resources
- Manage services to ensure applications run the way they need to run
- Self-heal your applications with health checks
Contact us today to learn more about this offering and how you can implement Kubernetes for your enterprise.