Do you have your own technology radar? Did you build any recently? If not, I recommend you to build one. Technology radar helps to give a view of your tools and technologies which are in play and assigning them to the different quadrants of the radar. It gives a visual representation of the adoption level of the frameworks, tools, platforms, and technologies that are in use and in the market.
Here are some tips to build your interactive technology radar
- Limit your list of tools, technologies to a maximum of 100 across all of the four quadrants
- Don’t get into analysis paralysis of the tools.
- Radar is not the governance tool for your organization.
- Provide a clear and concise description of each of the items in the quadrant.
- Create documents to support your technology radar
- Capture only the high-level framework, tools in the quadrants.
- It’s not the tools, frameworks, platforms catalog for your organization.
The IT Leader's Guide to Multicloud Readiness
This guide provides practical key insights and important factors to consider to make informed decisions in your multicloud journey.
Download the Guide
Here is the one I built for myself