Working remotely means more time with our pets, an added benefit for many of Perficient’s colleagues around the world.
The CDC reports, “Studies have shown that the bond between people and their pets can increase fitness, lower stress, and bring happiness to their owners. Some of the health benefits of having a pet include decreased cholesterol and triglyceride levels, blood pressure, and feelings of loneliness, while increasing opportunities for exercise, outdoor activities, and socialization.”
A focus on connection and wellness is something we all could all embrace in 2020, and through our Make a December Difference campaign, our colleagues did just that. Over 100 colleagues donated $10,000 to animal rights and welfare organizations, sometimes even helping adopt the animals in need of care.
Juan David González Piza, software developer, enthusiastically shared why he chose to support El Hogar de Alicia:
“I want to help that kind of Foundations like El Hogar de Alicia, they help animals to give them love and protection, for better life quality. All life matters, ‘they are our little brothers and sisters,’ as said St. Francis of Assisi. Thanks for this opportunity, we are Making a Difference.”
Ways to Support Animals in Need
Below are a few examples of the organizations our colleagues support. We encourage you to check them out and consider them if you are looking for a way to give back.
- Gateway Pet Guardians
- Humane Society in Cherokee County
- Catty Shack Wildlife Sanctuary
- Acadiana Animal Aid
- Tampa Bay Humane Society
- Sullivan County Animal Shelter
- Stray Rescue of St. Louis
- Last Hope K-9 Rescue
- Ontario SPCA
- Scituate Animal Shelter of Massachusetts
- Foundacion Hogar de Alicia
- Colorado Shiba Inn Rescue
- Canine Companion for Independence
- Blue Cross Animal Rescue
- Wright-Way Rescue
- The Anti-Cruelty Society of Chicago
- Boone County Animal Shelter
- Open Door Animal Sanctuary
- Edgewater Animal Shelter
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center
- Wild Animal Sanctuary
- All Paws Matter Rescue
- Smoky Acres Cat Sanctuary
- Huron Valley Humane Society
- 4 Luv of Dog Rescue
- Best Friend Animal Society
- Wild Life Center of Texas
- 16 Hands of Love
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Rocky Mountain Raptor Program
Now, how will you make a December Difference?
Perficient are big believers in giving back to the communities in which we live and work, and we have the opportunity to empower our colleagues to pay it forward and spread some much-needed joy. It’s our hope that these single acts of giving and gratitude leave individual marks on the communities in which we live and work. Together, we have an opportunity to make a global impact.