DevOps vs. Agile is NOT a debate. Each one addresses a specific problem; when using together to build a product, it realizes the productivity gains. Agile and DevOps helps to take an idea and deliver it to produce business value. Architecture plays a vital role in bringing the concept and providing the right solutions to maximize productivity gains and business value.
Here is the view of how an idea evolves to produce value, what collaboration processes are needed to maximizes the value
Agile focuses on building better software and rapidly
- Develop a product and delivers in increments
- Quality results aligning to the business needs
- Flexible and responsive to changes
DevOps focuses on software development processes
- Time to market
- Aligns the goal between development, operations along with business drivers.
- Consolidates Build and Integration Pipeline to achieve productivity gain (cloud and platform agonistic).