Today marks VMware’s next step in the integration of Pivotal technology with the release of VMware Tanzu. VMware Tanzu is a portfolio of products and services for modernizing applications and infrastructure that includes Pivotal technology. It is built to simplify multi-cloud operations, freeing up developers to build applications. DevOps teams will be able to work together in new ways with VMware’s new product portfolio. Here are some of the products and services VMware Tanzu will provide:
- VMware Tanzu Mission Control is a centralized management platform to consistently operate and secure Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications across multiple teams and clouds.
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid is an enterprise-ready Kubernetes runtime that powers the delivery of modern applications across clouds.
- VMware Tanzu Application Service is a purpose-built platform that enables developers to boost feature velocity and operations teams to reliably run apps at cloud scale.
- VMware Tanzu Application Catalog is a customizable selection of open source software from the Bitnami collection that is continuously maintained and testable for use in production environments.
- VMware Tanzu Observability powered by Wavefront is an observability platform specifically designed for enterprises needing monitoring, observability, and analytics for their modern applications running on the enterprise multi-cloud at scale.
VMware Tanzu is a comprehensive solution for businesses looking for a way to modernize applications and infrastructure across multiple clouds. The beauty of this release is that different teams within the organization can start where it makes sense for the business. Developers can start with modernizing heritage systems or they can jump right into creating new cloud-native apps. DevOps teams can automate the production process to aid developers. Infrastructure admins can focus on regaining control of their cloud usage and improving their data centers to optimize how they manage clouds and containers. This new portfolio opens up a multitude of possibilities, but here are four key takeaways on VMware Tanzu following today’s launch.
Ship Great Software Faster
With Tanzu Application Service and Application Catalog, increase velocity with a modern software supply chain and make quick adjustments based on production feedback.
Simplify Running Kubernetes Everywhere
Stay aligned with the global open source community by embedding consistent Kubernetes everywhere with Tanzu Kubernetes Grid.
Unify and Optimize Multi-Cloud Operations
Optimize performance and costs by centrally managing all of your clusters, no matter where they reside with Tanzu Mission Control.
Transform Dev and Ops Together
Unite application developers and operations teams with the common goal of quick release cycles and superior app availability by providing an agile application platform.
Together with VMware, we are ready to provide the products and services that make sense for your business and modernization journey. By supporting all teams, updating processes and adopting new technologies. we can affect business-wide change that will optimize performance and cost. Perficient is partnered with both Pivotal and VMware. Learn more about our current partnership with Pivotal here.