Personalize Your Healthcare Marketing: Crawl, Walk, Run, Fly
Strategize, execute, and grow a personalization strategy that meets healthcare consumers where they are and drives better health outcomes.
A key challenge to making full use of your Patient Satisfaction Survey Data is learning how to integrate it with your EHR data. Having an understanding of a patient’s associated encounters can provide valuable context on the results you receive on a Patient Satisfaction Survey. The challenge oftentimes is having the right data to link these together.
Here are 5 strategies to enable integration and fully leverage EHR and Patient Satisfaction Survey Data.
- Use MDM to match patient information
- Use the patient submitted information to match the patient record in the EHR
- Ensure pass-through of encounter information to your survey provider
- If the encounter is captured as part of the Patient Survey, then ensure that you receive this your survey provider for integration with clinical records
- Create a complete patient record from the data warehouse
- This aggregates the encounter(s) relevant information for the patient to provide context to the survey responses
- Group surveys by service location and practitioner
- Using the integrated EHR data, then group survey results by location and practitioner to determine trends
- Use integrated data to drive change
- Identify leading indicators to unfavorable patient satisfaction scores and then use these to drive change in the organization
Using patient survey results in conjunction with EHR records can remove operational blind spots that can exist when using Patient Survey Data solely. When fully integrated, you can move on to identify trends. This then should be used to promote change and improve patient experience and well-being.