The world is transforming communication at a rapid pace. Cloud-based contact center platforms, such as Twilio Flex, are changing the game by giving businesses of any size complete power over their customer interactions. Moving to the cloud allows companies to break free from the limitations of traditional on-premise contact centers including minimal customization options, hardware/infrastructure concerns and upkeep, expensive maintenance and telco fees and limited functionality updates.
Choosing a Global Software Development Partner to Accelerate Your Digital Strategy
To be successful and outpace the competition, you need a software development partner that excels in exactly the type of digital projects you are now faced with accelerating, and in the most cost effective and optimized way possible.
Moving to the Twilio Flex cloud solution lets you take advantage of the inherit benefits of the cloud. Now companies can keep pace with what customers expect of their modern interaction experience via communication paths that are convenient to the customer’s preferences – voice, email, text, Whatsapp, or social media to name a few.
There are four key areas where care for cloud-based and on-premise contact center solutions differ:
- On-Premise – Purchase and maintain servers and infrastructure
- Twilio Flex – No physical infrastructure management. Manage integrations of cloud dependencies including CRM, WFM, and internal systems integrations
- On-Premise – scale up or out to handle volume
- Twilio Flex – Scaling occurs automatically
Updates and Upgrades
- On-Premise – upgrades and updates are handled as projects, can be costly, and occur infrequently
- Twilio Flex – frequent software updates with new feature releases which is fairly seamless to implement
- On-Premise – Usage and functionality is standard, so training is standard
- Twilio Flex – Experience is highly customized, so training is too
- On-Premise – Due to infrequent software updates, training information remains static
- Twilio Flex – Training content remains consistent and up to date, thanks to frequent software updates introducing changes to functionality and new features
- On-Premise – limited or nonexistent
- Twilio Flex – extensive and broad
- On-Premise – out-of-the-box only
- Twilio – any custom integrations can be added
- On-premise – vendor support for software bugs
- Twilio Flex – Twilio support for platform issues
- On-premise – little to no customization capabilities allows vendor software issues to be easily distinguished
- Twilio Flex – highly customized and diverse system makes it complex to identify where an issue lies (error code, custom code, integration point, or Twilio platform
No contact center, cloud or on premise, can reach its full potential without continued love and care. Sufficient planning for post-deployment operations and support needs to be front of mind for companies when migrating to a modern day contact center such as Twilo Flex. Whether your operational management strategy includes outsourced, internal, or hybrid resources, Perficient can help you plan, develop, and manage your Twilio Flex contact center. To learn more about our Twilio Flex capabilities, click here.