What Are Project Statuses?
Statuses can control the “life-cycles” of projects, project resource requirements, and people. New statuses can be created for the above objects.
Out of the Box Project Statuses
Project Statuses include predefined statuses for the following objects:
- Projects – a project’s current state, for example Open, Closed, or Approved
- Requirements – The state of the requirement in the staffing life cycle. For example Open, Filled, Cancelled
- Assignments – Current assignment status. For example Provisional, Confirmed, Cancelled
- Candidates – Indicates a project candidate’s amount of consideration for a proposed project. For example Pending Review, System Nomination, Under Review, Suitable, Declined, Withdrawn, Assigned
- Assignment approval – candidate’s current staffing life-cycle state. Working, Submitted, Approved, Canceled, Rejected, Requires Resubmission
Oracle Project Status Questions and Considerations
Will you enable project approval workflow?
- Workflows can be used to strengthen the effect of project statuses by routing approvals based on status to different groups.
- The status itself can be used to quickly query or report on projects in an easy to understand manner.
Are the seeded statuses all we need?
- Seeded statuses are sufficient for most configurations.
- Additional controls for each status allow them to be dynamic.
- There are statues for different project life-cycle phases.
Do you require additional statuses other than seeded statuses?
- Create as many statuses as required.
How can I use statuses for capital project approvals?
- Absolutely! Statuses are highly useful in controlling and tracking the approval of capital requests (AFE, CER, etc).
Can statuses aid us in gaining sales efficiencies?
- Again, absolutely! Statuses are leveraged to track the different state of the proposal process.
- Visibility into the total cost of the sales pursuit.
Project statuses are truly a multi-functional variable that allows for simple control and reporting.
Let us know how we can assist your organization in leveraging your project statuses to their full potential!