Outstanding CX is the New Norm
In 2015, a Gartner study predicted that by 2019 more than 50% of organizations will invest more money into the customer experience. In 2019, we can safely say that number is more than just 50%.
With trends like personalization, omni-channel support, and AI becoming the norm, customers are evolving to be more familiar with using the technology brands are providing, resulting in more engaged customers — which also equals higher expectations.
Self-Service Continues its Reign
As companies grow, offering a person-to-person experience for service support just isn’t realistic. Luckily, it’s not what customers want first, either.
Out of 526 shoppers surveyed by SOTI, IoT and mobile device management firm, 73% of respondents said they prefer retail self-service technologies, such as self-checkout, over engaging with store associates, which is a 10.6% increase from last year.
As time becomes more scarce, self-service customer service options are not only acceptable, they are expected. Customers want and expect a quick answer, often turning to a Google search for a help article before picking up the phone and calling.
200% Case Deflection Created from a Self-Service Community
The Manufacturer’s Guide to Marketing Through Partner Enablement in 2021
Learn how partnerships allow manufacturers to scale revenue growth beyond what’s possible with direct sales alone.
A community is an easy way to introduce self-service into your service program.
We set up the Vlocity customer service community on Salesforce, and within the first month, they reported case deflection increased over 200%!
They were pleased to share the creation of the site has already paid for itself!
The New and Improved Service Agent 2.0
Self-service is possibly most impactful to the service agents, right after the customer. Listed as one of the three mega trends in 2019 for customer service, Forrester says this about the expected changes:
“AI handles routine tasks, with agents dedicated to exceptions and escalations. Contact center jobs will change along four dimensions:
- Agents who are generalists will see their jobs subsumed by self-service technologies.
- Mid-tier agents will be repurposed as authors or testers of content or chatbot dialogues. They may also supervise chatbots and address failures.
- New superagents will emerge. Customer service organizations will become high-touch centers that handle critical customer interactions, which will require deep subject-matter expertise or product ecosystem expertise.
- New contact center jobs will be created; for example, data scientists, automation specialists, and application developers. These personnel will be responsible for implementing and maintaining self-service and agent-facing automation and AI initiatives.”
Identifying Self-Service Success in Your Salesforce Community
How do you measure your own self-service success in a Salesforce community? Set up your dashboard to include the Community Case Deflection Metrics, which will bring you reports such as the ones below.
- Overall Case Deflection: Shows if a case was deflected, potentially deflected, or not deflected
- Most Helpful Articles: These articles have the most confirmed and potential deflections
- Most Helpful Discussions: These discussions have the most confirmed and potential deflections
- Articles with the Most Deflections: Articles with the most confirmed deflections
- Articles with Potential Deflections: Articles with the most potential deflections
- Articles with Unsuccessful Deflections: Articles that didn’t deflect any cases
- Discussions with the Most Deflections: Discussions with the most confirmed deflections
- Discussions with Potential Deflections: Discussions with the most potential deflections
- Discussions with Unsuccessful Deflections: Discussions that didn’t deflect any cases
Better Technology = Better Customer Care
Investing in resources that digitally transform customer care will provide a competitive advantage for your organization. Learn more in our guide Top Technology Trends for Smarter, Strategic Customer Care. Do you still have questions about using self-service for case deflection? Let one of our experts help.