Every day, we sit at our computers and read the constant flow of headlines that cross the wires. In our meetings, we hear about our competitors, from what they are working on to how they are getting it done.
It is these stories that drive organizations to innovate and perform better. It is these conversations that create change, build great customer experiences, and forge lasting relationships.
In this collection, we look at key trends in the manufacturing industry and offer specific insights into:
- Market Forces
- Digital Experience
- Business Optimization
- Emerging Technologies
Below are a few key trends in the manufacturing industry:
- Manufacturers are quickly learning that offering a superior product is no longer the industry’s key differentiator – and are increasing their digital maturity by focusing on the end-to-end customer experience. Adobe
- Manufacturers, such as Apple, Tesla, and Nike, that succeed at direct-to consumer sales are diversifying revenue, elevating brand profile, building consumer intimacy, and cutting out middlemen costs. Manufacturing Net
- Manufacturers without mobile-friendly, cloud-based systems on par with top social and consumer websites risk jeopardizing the customer satisfaction and retention among digital natives. MBT Magazine
- By the end of 2021, 25% of global manufacturers will apply machine learning to data across product development, supply chain, manufacturing, and service for more rapid decision support, improved quality, differentiated products, and innovative business models. IDC
- Big data analytics yield insights to improve every aspect of manufacturing, from engineering and design to production, machine utilization, workforce productivity, supplier performance and demand forecasting. It can mean better products, lower costs and faster time to market. Manufacturing Net
- Also known as Industry 4.0 or industrial IoT, smart manufacturing enables manufacturers to maximize the yield from existing production capabilities and develop the next generation of production capabilities necessary to compete in a digital economy. IDC
It’s hoped that the trends and statistics presented will inspire and motivate you on your quest to become or remain an industry leader.
You can download the manufacturing trends guide below.