Every day, we sit at our computers and read the constant flow of headlines that cross the wires. In our meetings, we hear about our competitors, from what they are working on to how they are getting it done.
It is these stories that drive organizations to innovate and perform better. It is these conversations that create change, build great customer experiences, and forge lasting relationships.
In this collection, we look at key trends in the healthcare and life sciences industry and offer specific insights into:
- Market Forces
- Digital Experience
- Business Optimization
- Emerging Technologies
Below are a few key trends in the healthcare and life sciences industry:
- A survey indicated that 35% of healthcare organizations housed more than 50% of their data or infrastructure in the cloud as a way to reduce risk of a data breach, while also lowering costs. Becker’s Hospital Review
- The cost-related benefits of telemedicine are important. Hospitals are being penalized if their patient readmission rate is high, and this approach is one way to keep that rate down. Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Healthcare organizations must start to build a digital experience portfolio to deliver personalized experiences that drive engagement and reduce costs. Forrester
- Forrester expects virtual care to be more common than outpatient care as a place of service by 2020. Forrester
- By 2020, adoption rates of IoT-enabled asset tracking and inventory management systems in hospitals will have doubled worldwide, improving patient safety, staff satisfaction, and operational efficiency. IDC
- With more healthcare data available, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies can analyze it to drive change in patient care. The value of healthcare data is that it will enable providers to proactively diagnose illnesses and create personalized treatment for patients. Perficient
What if your website could quickly and easily provide your members and patients with personalized answers and other information they want and need? Would you reduce inbound call inquiries? Solidify your position as a go-to source for information? Enlighten consumers with the knowledge to help them be healthier?
It’s hoped that the trends and statistics presented will inspire and motivate you on your quest to become or remain an industry leader.
You can download the healthcare and life sciences trends guide below.