Oracle Data Integration Platform Cloud (DIPC)
DIPC is a unified, powerful, data-driven data integration platform on cloud which can accept data in any format from any source system either on premise or on cloud and process that data as per organization needs. With DIPC, you get all the capabilities of most popular E-LT (Extract – Load Transform) tool – Oracle Data Integrator. You also get otherwise time-consuming Data processing features like Data Synchronization, Data Replication and Data preparation with just a few clicks.
Make sure you have a Database Cloud Service already configured and then use Data Integration Platform Cloud Service to create a DIPC instance on Oracle Cloud.
Data Integration, Data Quality and Data Governance have been successfully unified in DIPC. Below is a screenshot of a typical DIPC home page.
- Catalog – You can create connections, tasks, jobs etc.
- Monitor – You can monitor your running jobs, tasks etc.
- Agents – By default, a cloud agent is created to be able to run the tasks/jobs. You can also create agents.
- Policies – You can configure job/task fail/pass/start/complete notifications
- Admin – You can track the Default Object storage and data processing usage statistics
Please refer to Catalog Create options in the screenshot
- Create Connections to Oracle, MySQL, Salesforce, Microsoft SQL Server, files, Kafka connect etc.
- Create Synchronize Data task to synchronize data between a source and a target system with flexibility to pick and choose the Data elements to synchronize
- Create ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) Execution Task to call any ODI scenario and perform any operation which can be performed via ODI
- Create Replicate Data task to replicate data from one source to a new target system with flexibility to pick and choose the Data elements to synchronize
- Create Data Lake Builder task to start loading data from different source systems to an already configured Data Lake
- Create Data Preparation task to prepare or transform data from a source system before loading it to a target system
- ODI is an Oracle owned premium and highly flexible scalable E-LT tool which works on Pushdown Methodology.
- Using DIPC, you can create ODI Mappings/Packages/Scenarios using ODI Console.
- On the top right corner of DIPC home page, Please click on your profile pic to see Open ODI option. Click Open ODI open to open ODI Console.
- Use Browse tab to build a project, Reverse engineer model, define Physical and Logical architecture in topology, Configure variables
- Use Management tab to configure security and other repository level tasks
Please stay tuned for more detailed topics around DIPC in my future posts.