IBM released a new version of FileNet Content Manager, version 5.5, and will end support for all previous versions. Users will need to either upgrade their ECM infrastructure by April 30, 2019, purchase extended support, or risk losing support. You may be thinking, “That’s a little less than a year away. I’ve got time.” But there’s a catch.
Users who are behind on previous upgrades and aren’t running version 5.2.x will have to perform back-to-back upgrades. If this is the case for you, then the upgrade to v5.5 may take longer than expected. In the words of a maxim, “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.”
What’s New in FileNet Content Manager V5.5
Unlock Your Potential with Application Modernization
Application modernization is a growing area of focus for enterprises. If you’re considering this path to cloud adoption, this guide explores considerations for the best approach – cloud native or legacy migration – and more.
The latest version of IBM FileNet Content Manager will have:
- Content Process Engine support for the S3 connector. This enables Cloud Object Storage access (must be purchased separately).
- A new security role object that provides administrators with a single access point that represents a security role, which identifies the type of access that will be granted. This security role can then be referenced on a set of documents or folders.
- A continuous delivery support model enable by the two offerings above.
What’s Gone in Version 5.5
The following platform support has been removed from FileNet Content Manager v5.5:
- JBoss Application Server
- HP-UX Operating System
- HP Itanium Operating System
- Solaris Operating System
- IBM Composite Platform Installation Tool (CPIT)
- Support for the OpenStack protocol
This upgrade can be a complicated process, so don’t wait too long to start planning a successful implementation plan. Reach out to our IBM partner experts and let us help you navigate this transition.
Want to know more ways to upgrade your ECM platform? Check out our guide: Make the Move to a Modern ECM Platform.