In a new guide, we discuss the background of the SEC’s Investment Company Reporting Modernization Rules and the potential effects on individual financial institutions.
The snippet below shares the rules’ objectives and expectations.
Become a Financial Services Experience Maker
Perficient has the industry experience and capabilities to transform and power financial services firms with modern technology and digital solutions. Explore how we can help you become an experience maker in financial services.
The SEC wants to improve:
- The quality of information that funds report to the Commission
- The Commission’s risk monitoring and oversight, examination, and enforcement capabilities
- Ease of access, aggregation, and analysis of the reported data by the Commission and the public
New forms you must submit:
- Form N-PORT: Requires investment companies to report portfolio information monthly in a structured data format
- Form N-CEN: Requires investment companies to report census-type information annually in a structured data format
Other amendments and rules with which you must comply:
- Enhanced disclosure about derivatives in financial statements
- Reports to shareholders made accessible on a website
- Recession and amendments of some existing rules and forms
To learn more about the new rule, you can download the guide here.