With the shift to the cloud, on-premises Essbase applications may be migrated to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) using a simple method provided by Oracle. Essbase Life Cycle Management process is cost effective and easy to use utility for EPM Professional or Technical lead to migrate the applications to the cloud without the need of recreating the application. Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase has provided the following process to migrate Essbase applications to OAC.
Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase provides a Lifecycle Management (LCM) command-line based utility that can be used to migrate Essbase on-premises application, folder and elements using a .zip file for import to the cloud services.
Explore key considerations, integrating the cloud with legacy applications and challenges of current cloud implementations.
• 12.2.1, and later
Use Case: Migrate from 18.104.22.168.nn On-Premises to the Cloud Service
1. On the application homepage, Click UTILITIES and download the LCM utility (EssbaseLCMUtility.zip)
2. In the uncompressed downloaded file, run EssbaseLCM.bat (Windows) or EssbaseLCM.sh (Linux), based on the platform on which you want to run the utility.
3. Manually convert the on-premises Essbase application to Unicode before exporting it to a .zip file
Note: You can execute the file from any location against a remote cloud service instance.
1. Manually convert the on-premises Essbase application to Unicode before exporting it to a .zip file.
2. Run the LCM export command to download the on-premises Essbase application and its elements to the specified .zip file.
3. To import the application into the cloud service, use the Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase CLI tool to upload the .zip file to a target cloud service application.
4. Log into the cloud service to see the application and cube on the Applications home page.
The LCM import and export commands are described in Migrating Cloud Service Applications.
1. Download the LCM utility from the cloud service and execute it in the system running Essbase 22.214.171.124.nnn.
2. Export the required source application using the utility. This includes application-level elements.
3. In the exported .zip file, if a partition exists in the source application, then edit the partition XML to correct any partition settings.
4. Import the .zip file into the cloud service using the CLI tool.
Note: You must move server-level substitution variables, which are used in on-premises applications, to the application level prior to import.
5. After importing using CLI, perform the following in the Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase user interface:
• Assign calculation scripts to relevant users
• Assign cloud-based user roles to users