In today’s world implementing effective EDI strategy is very challenging. Every enterprise needs to have visibility, whether or not EDI transactions are in compliance with established the policies and procedures to effectively manage their businesses.
With a high emphasis on compliance and accountability, every important step of the transaction lifecycle needs to be tracked, inspected, monitored and exposed to Business/IT users within the organization and external partners when required.
Handling EDI transactions means parsing, validating, splitting, processing, creating and responding at numerous stages before they reach to downstream system. The more steps the transaction goes through, the more risk for leadership (Business/IT) to lose visibility and ability to reconcile transactions.
Challenges You’ll Face Without An EDI Strategy:
- Unable to reconcile EDI transactions to meet the required levels of service.
- Involving technical department every time a submitter inquires about a transaction.
- Lack of visibility into production EDI operations.
- Lack of reporting around submitter, transaction and origination level.
In order to effectively implement the EDI strategy, the Edifecs Transaction Manager should be a leading solution for transaction lifecycle management. This helps in minimizing service costs pertaining to compliance, security, technology etc. by providing a comprehensive view of the transaction lifecycle to internal users and partners.
Transaction Manager Helps:
- Achieve Accountability Across The Entire Lifecycle:
- Leverage Transaction Lifecycle Insight to Make Better-Informed Decisions
- Improve First Pass Rates
- Help Your Submitters Troubleshoot Their Own Problems
- Reduce Operating Costs Through Management by Exception
- Eliminate IT Bottlenecks by Empowering Business Users
- Reduce Transaction Errors and Rework
- Transaction Monitoring
- Transaction Reconciliation and Response Documents
- Notifications and Alerts
- Transaction Search and Business Views
- Event Tracking
- Unified Trading Partner Management
- Healthcare Transaction Repository
- File Submission and Retrieval over the Web
- Transaction Validation and Acknowledgements
- Scalability and Performance
Edifecs Transaction Management works by integrating with middleware infrastructure, the messaging engine or enterprise service bus to automatically review the transactions at each point in the process; to record key events in the solution.
The captured information is analyzed and the appropriate associations between related transactions are created so that a complete picture of the entire process is obtained.
Finally this information is presented through a rich web interface that provides business/Data/Smart views and drilldowns into the data. Which allows for customized dashboards, alerts/notifications and reporting.