This document demonstrates how continuous build and deploy automation is achieved for IBM Integration Bus deployment using open source GitHub, Jenkins and JFrog Artifactory.
Application modernization is a growing area of focus for enterprises. If you’re considering this path to cloud adoption, this guide explores considerations for the best approach – cloud native or legacy migration – and more.
- Full Deployment – Latest code is pulled from GitHub repositories, and each IIB applications are assembled, packed, override properties applied then deployed to respective Integration Server (Execution Group) on IIB nodes.
- Assemble and Deploy by Application Name – Latest code for the given Application is pulled from GitHub repository. It is then assembled, packed, override properties applied then deployed to respective Integration Server (Execution Group) on IIB nodes
- Deploy Only – Latest bar file is taken from Git repository and after the environment specific bar override applied, the overridden bar file is deployed to respective Integration Server (Execution Group) on IIB nodes
- Assemble and Build – Latest code for the given Application is pulled from GitHub repository. It is then assembled, packed, and compiled. The newly created bar file is published to the Artifactory. In this option, deployment will not happen.
- Deploy from Artifactory – Works only with “Deploy Only” option, when this option is selected bar file is downloaded from Artifactory (by default latest bar file for the given application is downloaded. Bar file can also be downloaded by specifying the target build number)
- Continuous Build and Deployment
- Scheduled Build Trigger – the build job gets triggered automatically by a scheduler at the scheduled time.
- Build when a change is pushed to GitHub – the build job gets triggered automatically every time when there is a change pushed by someone to IIB GitHub repositories.
- IBM Integration Bus v220.127.116.11 (IBM Integration Bus v10.*) – Dev platform
- Jenkins v2.0 – for continuous integrations
- GitHub – for version control (eGit plugin can be installed on top of IIB Toolkit for source code management. i.e pull/push changes from/to Git respository)
- Apache ANT v1.9.7 – for build automation
- JFrog Artifactory 13.2 – Artifact Repository Manager for archiving the build artifacts
Refer the attached document DevOps-IIB_BuildAndDeploy_Automation_v1.2 for step-by-step configuration setup. Do let me know if you have any comments or need help. Thanks for reading.