Last year, Salesforce announced the release of Lightning Partner Community, allowing businesses to use Lightning to quickly deploy a rich and powerful community for their partner ecosystem. I couldn’t agree more with Kara’s blog on 5 reasons you’ll love Lightning Partner Communities given the success we’ve had and feedback on deploying Lightning Partner Communities for our clients.
With the Winter ’17 release, Lightning Partner Community is even more exciting with the latest “Partner Central” being offered as a native template for organizations to manage partner relationships. Partner Central has most of all the native components we all love from the Customer Support template (Napili) but instead is geared towards making it easier for channel partners to drive channel sales. For example, lead distribution is made easy with their new “Lead Inbox” Lightning Component. Partners can now see all leads passed to them and accept leads with a single click. Just as we’ve seen how other Lightning Communities has grown, we cannot wait to see what Partner Central will look like in future releases.
Are you new to partner relationship management (PRM) and not sure where to start? Partner Central is a great way to get a preconfigured PRM community to help you get started. From there, you can simply customize the components already on the pages to fit your partners’ needs. Partner Central is the one-stop shop for everything partners need to close deals.
Partner Central Template Highlights
- Sales tab: Give partners the ability to see a list of their leads and deals
- Create Record button: Admins can easily create global actions, such as deal registration so partner can quickly register deals
- Lead Inbox: Allows partners to accept leads distributed to them with a single click
- Dashboard: Displays any dashboard you build for your partners
- Marketing tab: Drive channel marketing by exposing campaigns
- Resources: Expose a library of assets and collateral for partners to download
- Record List: A list of the partner’s deals, tasks, etc.
Looking for more information on maximizing the success of your partner program or Lightning Partner Community? Download our Salesforce guide for PRM and community best practices.