In the past several years, we’ve detailed the growth and adoption of cloud in the enterprise with our clients and on this blog. With every passing quarter, the cloud demonstrates how it has revolutionized the industry and changed the market for the better.
The latest from IBM’s Institute for Business Value study corroborates just as much, revealing that cloud technologies are now driving business value to organizations. Having moved beyond the early stage benefits of collaboration and agility, organizations who adopt the cloud now do so for the impacts of innovation and change.
The survey researched the priorities of over 1,000 business leaders globally around their cloud initiatives. Nearly 71% had cloud innovation in place already and were looking to move into new industries, transform customer experiences, and develop new business models.
The IT Leader's Guide to Multicloud Readiness
This guide provides practical key insights and important factors to consider to make informed decisions in your multicloud journey.
Additionally, the survey also discovered the 5 major ways enterprises experienced cloud innovation:
- Expand product features: Adopting the cloud opened up new paths to innovation and revenue while improving ease-of-use for each segment of the product lifecycle.
- Design unique customer journeys: With customers entering the buyer’s journey at different stages, marketing methodologies must change. Cloud now enables uniquely tailored messaging and experiences that drive customer interest.
- Rapid development: Alongside cloud is also the rise of DevOps. Organizations can now create, launch, and iterate on their solutions at an accelerated pace.
- Reach new customers: Prospective customers are everywhere. The scalability of the web and associated marketing technologies now means that organizations can find customers in different places than before.
- Industry expansion: Finally, the scalability and low-costs of cloud are a boon for industry expansion. As organizations discover new product features and enhance their customer journeys, they also find new industries to expand into, further growing their footprint and influence.
Possibilities that seemed like dreams a decade ago are now possibilities, especially for early-adopter organizations. With these types of results, what might come next? We can only imagine.
Discover Cloud with Perficient
Are you still on the fence about cloud computing? Let us change your mind with our world-class consulting and thought leadership today. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a conversation with one of subject matter experts and download our hybrid cloud guide below for more insight on the transformational capabilities of the cloud.
Learn more about our IBM practice.