The first Adobe Rockstar contest and session took place during last week’s Adobe Summit 2017. A few months ago, marketers and technologists submitted their top Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) tips, and five AEM gurus won a free pass to attend Summit as well as the opportunity to present in the session, Adobe Experience Manager Rockstar: The top tips are here.
Adobe’s Darin Kuntze, Partner Experience Architect, and Kaushal Mall, Technical Architect, led the session. A great line up of industry veterans from Adobe rounded out the judging panel:
- Arun Anantharaman, SVP Technology, Adobe
- Jean-Michel Pittet, VP of Engineering AEM, Adobe
- Suzanne Bourdeaux, Director, AEM Consulting & Industry Practices, Adobe
- Eric Verbeek, Sr Director Partner Success, Adobe
As one of the most popular sessions at Adobe Summit 2017, 200 people filled the ballroom, all excited to hear the finalists share their digital experience tips, tricks and project strategies.
The friendly competition…
Inspired Digital Experiences for Manufacturing & Automotive
Whether you’re just beginning your digital transformation journey or are well on your way, we invite you to explore our partnership with Adobe and our diverse capabilities in manufacturing and automotive.
100+ participants submitted their topics to be part of Adobe’s inaugural Rockstar competition. The five finalists represented varied groups such as Adobe Marketing Cloud experts, entrepreneurs trying to solve a pain point, and up-and-comers who we are surely to hear more of in the future.
The finalists were:
- Dan Klco, Perficient – Integrating AEM with other Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions using data layers powered by Sling Models.
- Robert Langridge, Connected World Services – How Dixons Carphone gives their authors the ability to generate designs to be used in their AEM Mobile applications.
- Ruben Reusser, Headwire – Making sure all your developers generate consistent files during AEM development.
- Rima Mittal, Sapient Nitro – Need a script to change existing production content? Sling Pipes to the rescue.
- Martin Fitch, Kaiser Permanente – How Kaiser Permanente achieved their stringent approval requirements using AEM workflows.
The AEM topics…
The topics covered all things AEM, of course. Around Analytics, we heard about Data Layers powered by Sling Models. Specific to AEM Mobile, we learned how mobile content authors can be given the ability to control designs for the content in mobile apps. And around AEM in particular, we saw three presentations covering standardization and tools to help AEM development teams generate consistent code, how sling pipes can be used to change large amounts of production content in JCR, and lastly, how AEM workflows can be customized are used to streamline change approval.
And the winner is…
Each finalist did a fantastic job of showcasing unique tips and tricks in a rapid eight-minute presentation followed by two minutes of Q&A from both the audience and the judges. We were thrilled to witness our very own Dan Klco win the first Rockstar challenge at Adobe Summit. The Perficient Digital team is extremely proud of Dan’s Rockstar performance and are fortunate to have him as a key member of our Adobe Leadership team. You can congratulate and follow Dan Klco on Twitter @klcoDanR.
Congratulations to all the finalists – the audience learned something new from each presentation. And while the recognition and accolades from peers is the biggest reward, the three winners and all five finalists were rewarded with some nice take-home prizes!
Adobe also shared the news in a post this week, and mentioned the session recording should be available to Summit attendees shortly.
Did you attend the session? What was your favorite tip? Drop us a line in the comment section below.