What an exciting event of Dream Force 2016. First of all mind-blowing statistics of 170,000 registered attendees, 15 million online viewers, a cloud expo with many partners and ISV’s, and 2500+ sessions, 3000+ apps in AppExchange. The OHANA culture is very well displayed throughout the day. Day 1 was focused on Artificial Intelligence and what SFDC is doing in that area.
The IT Leader's Guide to Multicloud Readiness
This guide provides practical key insights and important factors to consider to make informed decisions in your multicloud journey.
Here is the rundown of the Dreamforce Day 1 highlights and what to look forward to this week:
- Opening Keynote
- Salesforce announced their new product release and roadmap
- Benefits of partnering with Salesforce (customers, service providers, ISVs)
- Defining a new name for ISV – App Innovation Partners
- SFDC Einstein (Artificial Intelligence)
- SFDC is taking all the right moves to move from an idea inception à app exchange à value delivery
- IDC Stats
- For every $1 revenue in software, $4.1 revenue of services will be generated
- $360B revenue growth for the next 5 years (10x consultants needed to deliver)
- ISV growth YoY was estimated to be 48%
- Customer’s top benefit of SFDC is the reduced time to market
- Dream Pitch (A Shark Tank like a LIVE show with more than 3000 people in the room)
- Each of the 3 finalists won $30,000 worth of SFDC services and apps
- Up to $200,000 investment from SFDC ventures
- Spot in incubator (Growth of startups)
- 3 teams participated and Claire was decided as the final winner
- CRM Market – An Angie’s List like service for CRM consultants
- Claire – Heroku based app which is a real-time focus group for new product launch
- Appinium — Video analytics for local videos within SFDC platform
- Keynote from Tony Robbins
- The “lack of resources” excuse that people give is because of their “lack of resourcefullness”
- 3 keys factors in decision making – what does this mean, what is the focus, what are you going to do?
- People don’t buy products, they buy emotions
- Marketing plays a KEY factor for any product launch and they need to be empowered with data
A lot of intricate details are published in a different blog post here.