“Change is the only constant.” While Heraclitus, an ancient Greek philosopher, wrote these words thousands of years ago, they still hold true today – especially in the world of digital marketing.
Change is never easy, even when it can enhance your business. Several aspects to consider when adopting a new digital marketing platform (DMP) include:
- Re-imagining how to develop and create content
- Impact on customer interaction
- Creating desired workflows
- Integration with other systems in your company
- Justifying the ROI to implement the new platform
Despite these challenges, the cost of not changing can carry a greater risk. When your DMP can no longer deliver the functionality and flexibility for your business to remain competitive, it’s time to take a second look at your legacy system and consider a change.
Here are the 12 signs it’s time to make a change:
- Your platform can’t keep up with increasing customer expectations.
- Your marketing team feels the pain of driving change to be more responsive and interactive with customers.
- Your legacy platform can’t handle current needs or new demands.
- Your system isn’t flexible enough to update content on the fly.
- You have limited ability to analyze data to understand and better reach your customers.
- You can’t easily integrate your platform with others, such as your CRM.
- Your social media engagement isn’t in step with what your competitors are doing.
- Competition is on the rise from other businesses, technologies, or products.
- You need to optimize your site for mobile and video.
- You’ve noticed a loss of customers, decreased web traffic and sales, or decrease in customer satisfaction scores.
- Your business is changing and your digital marketing solutions can’t keep up.
- You see opportunity costs of lost customer engagement.
Download the latest guide to learn more about these indisputable signs and how a platform like Adobe Marketing Cloud will help you deliver exceptional customer experiences.