Upgrading an existing stage/production OSB 11g implementation to Service Bus 12c can be a massive job. It becomes an overwhelming task if it contains several clustered nodes and several OSB 11g projects that need to be imported to JDeveloper 12c.
Some of the pre-requisites for a successful migration are:
- Only a domain that is running 11.1.6 or 220.127.116.11 can be upgraded.
- A 64 bit JVM should be in place and running for the existing environment.
- The upgrade will fail if you are using Oracle XE database.
- The database charset must be AL32UTF8.
- The File Based Policy store is not supported. Migrate your domain to use either LDAP or Database OPSS Policy Store prior to migration.
- You cannot upgrade a domain with multiple products in 12c in an un-clustered managed servers using UMS.
Want to learn more on the best upgrade practices? Are you planning to attend Oracle OpenWorld 2016 in San Francisco? If so, please stop by Perficient booth #1715 to continue this conversation.